Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Remember This Childrens Programme??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Remember This Childrens Programme??

HI EVERYONE,FIRSTLY I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IT IS TIME TO PUT THIS ONE TO BED BECAUSE IT IS REALLY WRECKING MY HEAD TRYING TO REMEMBER WHAT THIS KIDS PROGRAMME IS CALLEDIVE TRIED WITH SEARCH ENGINES WITH LITTLE SNIPPETS OF MEMORY I HAVE LEFT OF IT BUT TO NO AVAIL SO HOPEFULLY THERE IS SOMEBODY OUT THERE WHO REMEMBERS THIS SHOW ALSO AND PROVE TO ME THAT I AM NOT MADOK HERE GOES:ALL I REMEMBER IS THIS ANIMATED ROBINHOOD LIKE CHARACTER SITTING ON A LOG IN THE MIDDLE OF A FOREST SINGING POSSIBLY A SONG THAT HAS SOME MORAL TO IT HE IS ALSO PLAYING A GUITAR OR LUTE THIS GUITAR WOULD HAVE BEEN USED ALOT IN OLDER ENGLISH TIMES,WHEN HE FINISHES HIS SONG (HE SINGS THIS SAME SONG FOR EVERY EPISODE I THINK?)IT CUTS TO SOME CARTOON R PROGRAMME AND WHEN THIS CARTOON R PROGRAMME ENDS IT CUTS BACK TO THIS ROBINHOOD LIKE CHARACTER SINGING AGAIN,AND THATS IT REALLYTHAT IS ALL THE MEMORY I HAVE OF IT??CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO HAVE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP?THIS SHOW WOULD HAVE BEEN FROM LATE 70'S EARLY 80'S POSSIBLY

Re: Do You Remember This Childrens Programme??

I believe that you are talking about "Storybook International".

The intro was animated with the character sittin on a log singing this song with a Lute while a fox looked on.

The title song (from memory) goes:

"I am the story teller and my stories must be told, i have many stories, both for young and very old, I have many voices to describe so many places, so many names have i, so many faces" he then goes on to state what names he has in those countries, all I can remember of that bit was "in Germany i'm Johan, in England I am John".

Oooh I was close, just found the intro on youtube here!

I'd totally forgotten about the second verse!

p.s. Welcome to DYR, please don't post all in CAPS though, it looks like you're SHOUTING and is hard to read.

Comment

That brings back great memories, I had always thought It was just called "The Story Teller" So I've learnt something today too. Cheers Mulletino
      Heather

Comment

Magic

I thought it was Story Teller too
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
          all I can remember of that bit was "in Germany i'm Johan, in England I am John".
          Maybe that clip was a yankee version, I could have sworn he said "England" as well. And what happened to the part where he says "in Australia I'm Bruce!" LOL Cool clip though mate, Thanks for that.
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

I didn't even notice he said America instead of England!

Definitely a localised version for the yanks who can't watch anything foreign unless it has been adjusted to include either the word "America" or American accents (with subtitles when the English people speak).

It is actually available over there to buy on Amazon as a 10 disc box-set.

I won't bother getting it, i'm still working my way through my "Tour of Duty" DVD boxset my wife got me from there!

Going a bit off-topic I know but I'd forgotten all about Star Fleet! - saw it while looking for links to the English version of the song.

Comment

Working...
            X