Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Karma
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Well, I obtained a copy and watched "If it's a man, Hang up!". Loved it. However, it was not the one I have been trying to find.

    It was extremely similiar to the one I remember in storyline, but was missing the two key elements I clearly remember:
    • The stalker was spying on her through small holes in the ceiling
    • The two scenes showing a dummy body hanging from a tree, then at the end a real body hanging from it.
    Also, I am almost certain it was over two (maybe more) episodes (around 50 min each) - a mini series.

    Of well, back to the drawing board...

    Leave a comment:


  • Karma
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Thanks culnara! This must be it. Now, I can't wait to get a copy!

    Thanks to everyone!
    Karma

    Leave a comment:


  • sixtyten
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Qed?

    Leave a comment:


  • culnara
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Definately " THRILLER " If It's A Man - Hang Up!
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/65653...s/Product.html

    The day the anonymous phone calls start, Suzy Martin's glamorous life as a fashion model changes, forever. She's being followed, She's being watched. The calls become more and more horrifying... then deadly. Who is it? Of her many admirers, more than one loves her. Maybe, one loves her just a little too much....

    I bought this last year for £39:99 when Play were having a sale

    Leave a comment:


  • Karma
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Thanks jolima71, that does sound close, but it seems to be a high rise, the one I remember was only 2-3 stories as I remember. I will definitely try to get this one though. Sounds creepy!

    So far, my best bet I think is "If it's a man, hang up!" - One of the Thriller series, and as suggested by joybee. Can't find anywhere online if it contains the "person hanging from tree" scene I remember, but I think I just have to get a copy now to see for myself. eBay has them on VHS, so I'll get one there. I'll let you all know if it was the one!

    Thanks,
    Karma.

    Leave a comment:


  • jolima71
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    could it be Someone's Watching Me! (1978) (TV)???

    A woman is slowly stalked to the brink of madness by a man watching her from the opposite tower block. Her attempts to get the police to take her seriously leaves her with no option but to track him down herself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Karma
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Thanks joybee and Daz! I had previously looked at all the episodes from Armchair Thriller and Thriller, and didn't think it was any of them, but now I am going to re-visit them. Maybe it was only a single episode and not multiple like I thought (although I'm sure I remember having to wait a week to see what the conclusion was...). Anyway, I will study each episode in detail.

    Also, I did not look at Saturday Night Thriller or Alfred Hitchcock presents (80's). I'll check them out as well. I know if I find an episode with a body hanging from a tree, I've surely found it! That part I do remember - very chilling.

    Thank you so much. I'll report back my findings!

    Leave a comment:


  • sixtyten
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Ok, I think it may be an episode from a series like..
    Armchair Thriller
    Alfred Hitchcock presents (80's version)
    Saturday Night Thriller
    Last edited by sixtyten; 08-11-2007, 12:11.

    Leave a comment:


  • joybee
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    There's another called - If It's a Man, Hang up - story of a Glamour Model -

    "
    The day the anonymous phone calls start, Suzy Martin's glamorous life as a fashion model changes, forever. She's being followed, She's being watched. The calls become more and more horrifying... then deadly. Who is it? Of her many admirers, more than one loves her. Maybe, one loves her just a little too much....
    from THRILLERVIDEO (US) video release "

    Leave a comment:


  • sixtyten
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Does not sound like it to me, from the synopsis, but we'll get there

    Leave a comment:


  • joybee
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Looks like Daz may have cracked it again !
    Found this on the IMDb boards -

    "Re: Favourite 'Thrillers'
    I watched "Someone At The Top of the Stairs" today and what a disturbingly wonderful episode this is...Fine performances too from Donna Mills and Judy Carne.

    This was all so eerie and some of the scenes have left a graphic imprint including the 'underwear in drawer' scenes and the eyeball peeping through the holes in the house.

    Brilliant! "


    If not this one, the others seem just as chilling !!

    Leave a comment:


  • sixtyten
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    One of the "Thriller" series?

    Leave a comment:


  • Karma
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Thanks for the suggestions, but no, it's none of those. Oh, how I wish my memory was better! Can't remember any of the actors, or even the TV network, just that it was UK based. I clearly remember the body hanging from the tree, (fake early on, real at the end), as well as the woman's reaction to finding out about being spied on in her own home through the ceiling. I also seem to remember the detective being very supportive, but not able to do all that much. He never seemed to be around when things actually happened either. Also, for some reason, I keep thinking the name of this mini series was very short, (maybe only one word), and a common word like "Dark", "Stranger", "Fear", or something similar, but I'm not sure...

    I have already searched every nook and cranny on the net, so I'm just hoping now that someone will recognise the show and remember the name!

    Thanks,
    Karma.

    Leave a comment:


  • joybee
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    Reminds me of Cable Guy and also an episode of CSI I once saw - can't think of a series though

    Leave a comment:


  • sixtyten
    replied
    Re: I'll be impressed if anyone can remember this one!

    I disagree
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodentop_(The_Bill)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X