An eerie kid's drama series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An eerie kid's drama series

I'm afraid I'm not going to be a great deal of help but here goes.
    There was a series of spooky dramas on the box, must have been around 79/80ish.
    One of the episodes was set in a house in France in which somebody had been killed by a German sniper way back during The Second World war. There were two characters in this particular story, a father and his son. During the final scene dad has a sudden and terrible realisation. He throws his son out of harms way a second before the glass in a clock face is smashed by a kind of ghost bullet from many years before. The plot was about time playing tricks.

There was also an episode telling of a child who'd gone back in time (don't ask me how) and found him or herself in the bedroom of a Victorian child. The latter took some convincing that the visitor really was from the future until a Queen Elizabeth II second coin was produced.
    I do wonder from time to time what this series was. I can only assume there were other episodes too.
    Any thoughts much appreciated!
    Oh, and apologies if this has discussed already elsewhere on the forum.

That would be Shadows.

You can find several of the episodes on Youtube. Here's the one with the clock, although you got several details wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
      That would be Shadows.

You can find several of the episodes on Youtube. Here's the one with the clock, although you got several details wrong.

Terrific....thanks for that!
      Yes I did indeed get several details wrong, including the years. There were three series produced for Thames Television from 1975 - 1978.
      I think my memory must be getting a bit shadowy. I've just ordered the second series DVD (used) from Amazon. It doesn't seem to be quite as highly regarded as the first series but for £2.41 I'm not complaining.
      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X