A dark American documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dark American documentary

I'm going back about twenty five years. There was a historical documentary on the box dedicated to a small town in 19th century America. The odd thing about this particular town was that it had a rather disproportionate number of strange people and macabre occurrences.

There was a woman who would habitually throw stones through people's windows, a much darker story dealt with a woman who was interred alive, suspicions were aroused and she was exhumed confirming the worst. There were other strange and macabre happenings too although I can't remember what they were. Actors portrayed some of the characters and recreated some of the events of the past.

I don't hold up a great deal of hope that anyone could remember this particular program, it's a bit of a strange one but a big thank you in advance to any forum members that can!

This is probably it.

Wisconsin Death Trip

A series of grisly events that took place in Black River Falls, Wisconsin, between 1890 and 1900 are dramatized.

Keywords include 'window smashing' and 'premature burial' I found it by a keyword search.

Comment

Wow! Thank you very much, no probably about it that's the one. It's a longer production than I remembered. When I'm in the the right frame of mind I'll give it a watch on YouTube, it's rather dark viewing.
      Once again you've come up trump's!

Comment

Working...
      X