Christmas TV late 70's/early 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas TV late 70's/early 80's

Hope someone can help, I am looking for a childrens film that was shown on TV at christmas either late 70's early 80's. It was about some toys that escaped from a furnace and then had to go on a journey to Santa. I can't remember all the details (was very young at the time) but remember them being on a train at some point along the way. Obviously the journey was fraught with danger along the way. I remember watching this and have always wanted to know the name of the film and possibly purchase it for my own children. All suggestions will be much appreciated.

Re: Christmas TV late 70's/early 80's

Originally posted by katymurphy70 View Post
    Hope someone can help, I am looking for a childrens film that was shown on TV at christmas either late 70's early 80's. It was about some toys that escaped from a furnace and then had to go on a journey to Santa. I can't remember all the details (was very young at the time) but remember them being on a train at some point along the way. Obviously the journey was fraught with danger along the way. I remember watching this and have always wanted to know the name of the film and possibly purchase it for my own children. All suggestions will be much appreciated.

This sounds a lot like "The forgotten toys", but i remember watching this with my son and neices in the 90's so unless it was a remake?? it probably isnt,
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Also sounds a little like the film Rudolf (1964) But these toy's are on the run from the "Toy Taker" who they believe wants to harm them, but he's trying to save them the pain of ending up on the tip the way he did.
      Heather

Comment

thankyou but after reading through all the other forums I actually found a thread that was similar in the movies section and someone had sent a reply suggesting Quincy's Quest.
        I have since looked this up on the internet and yes its the right film apparently only shown once on TV in Dec 79 which is why it has been so hard to find.
        Anyway to cut a long story short I have a copy of the film on order and can't wait to watch it with my children.

Comment

Cool glad you found it, good old Search bar
          https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/s...ighlight=quest
          Heather

Comment

Working...
          X