Name of 80's Sit Com ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of 80's Sit Com ?

I am trying to remember the name of a british sit-com that appeared in the mid-late 80’s.
    I can only recall a few things. There were three main characters. Two young blokes who were both into cycling, one of them was rather loud and annoying, the other was a bit quieter and was going out with a girl who was the other main character. I seem to remember them all having Irish accents……that’s it….a bit vague to say the least…but I know you all like a challenge….!!!
    Any ideas ?

Re: Name of 80's Sit Com ?

I know its the wrong decade and i know only one of the people has an irish accent but this couldnt be Game On by any chance could it ?

Game On (BBC television) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Worth a shout.

Woff

Comment

Doh!! This was my first thought but I ruled this one out due to the decade and the fact If I remember rightly one of the charactors could not leave the flat due to a fear of the outside world.
      Heather

Comment

Thanks to all those that took an interest and read or posted replies.

I did a bit more digging on the net and found out it was called 'Foreign Bodies'.

Writers: Bernard Farrell, Graham Reid / Producer: Sydney Lotterby

Sitcom. Stories of two young nurses living in Dublin but working in Belfast, especially ones relationship with a protestant car mechanic.

Roisin............................................ ...... HILARY REYNOLDS
        Septa............................................. ..... MAEVE GERMAINE
        Tom............................................... ..... DAN GORDON
        Alex.............................................. ...... COLUM CONVEY
        Soup.............................................. ..... LOUIS ROLSTON
        Madge............................................. ... TRUDY KELLY
        Harry............................................. ..... JOHN HEWITT
        Elaine............................................ .... CATHERINE BRENMAN

Nurses and car mechanic now fit in with my vivid memories....

Can't find any clips or info on it....seems to be long forgotten......

Anybody know where I could view or get hold of a copy.....nothing on youtube or ebay !! CHEERS

Comment

Blimey Woff, what on earth made you suggest that!! Thats the last thing Id have thought it was

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          Doh!! This was my first thought
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Phil1971 View Post
            Thanks to all those that took an interest and read or posted replies.

I did a bit more digging on the net and found out it was called 'Foreign Bodies'.

Writers: Bernard Farrell, Graham Reid / Producer: Sydney Lotterby

Sitcom. Stories of two young nurses living in Dublin but working in Belfast, especially ones relationship with a protestant car mechanic.

Roisin............................................ ...... HILARY REYNOLDS
            Septa............................................. ..... MAEVE GERMAINE
            Tom............................................... ..... DAN GORDON
            Alex.............................................. ...... COLUM CONVEY
            Soup.............................................. ..... LOUIS ROLSTON
            Madge............................................. ... TRUDY KELLY
            Harry............................................. ..... JOHN HEWITT
            Elaine............................................ .... CATHERINE BRENMAN

Nurses and car mechanic now fit in with my vivid memories....

Can't find any clips or info on it....seems to be long forgotten......

Anybody know where I could view or get hold of a copy.....nothing on youtube or ebay !! CHEERS
            you could try classic uk television, they got quite a lot of hard to find programmes on there..........

now could someone tell me how to post a question please? lol

Comment

Yep just find the forum topic you require and hit Post new thread
              Heather

Comment

ta, found it :-)

Comment

answered you on it
                  Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                    Blimey Woff, what on earth made you suggest that!! Thats the last thing Id have thought it was

Well i knew it wasnt right with the time frame but Martin did have an Irish girlfriend and i do remember one episode where they wore bike riding gear (even tho they didnt get out of the flat) and you know time plays funny tricks on minds and all that /cough

I dont really remember Foreign Bodies to be honest so i would have been stabbing in the dark for a while on this one :-)

Comment

Me too.
                      Heather

Comment

Working...
                      X