Saturday mornings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday mornings

Saturday Superstore ... Tiswas......Swap shop .... nothing like them nowadays ..... basil brush cannot compete with Noel Edmonds and team ... although did love good old Basil ... Nothing like it on now for 3 hours ... used to get me out of going shopping ..

Re: Saturday mornings

Saturday morning tv got me out of going to dance classes, I refused to go so i could stay at home and watch Batman
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhh Tiswas

3 hours of mayhem. You simply wouldn't get away with that these days.
      Laugh and the world laughs with you.
      But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
      sigpic

Comment

Saturday mornings were best with Zokko

Zokko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

I think its really sad that there is a distinct lack of decent saturday morning TV for kids now, its all just cookery shows and music shows now it seems. I grew up watching Going Live, Ghost Train, Parallel 9, What's up Doc?, Scratchy and co, Live and Kicking and SM:TV Live. Not all of these were fantastic shows but I loved getting up and watching them as a kid, Going Live, Whats up Doc? and SM:TV were particular favourites.

What's up Doc? introduced me to what I still consider one of the finest cartoons of all time, Batman the animated series. I cannot tell you how much I would look forward to watching this as a kid, it was very much ahead of its time.

Comment

Trouble is that all the kids stuff is now shunted over to the satellite channels and no-one wants to fund Saturday morning stuff like that on those sort of stations.

Just another nail in the coffin for decent, original UK kids programming. The more channels we get, the more viewers are marganalised and the less budget there is for original stuff. I really don't see the point of CBBC or CITV. Aren't kids meant to be at school during the day? The 3.30-5.45 slot was there because that's when the kids came home from school!

Sorry, rant over.

Comment

I used to always get up at 7am Saturday mornings to watch Dogtanian, which i think was then followed by Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies.....what a great line up! Happy days!
              "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Tiswas Girl here

Loved Dogtanian the theme tune rocked! Goes without saying Fraggle Rock was a fav, but I dont recall much about the Muppet Babies, bet Dad probably switched over for the sport
                Heather

Comment

Working...
                X