Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What theme tune instantly transports you back to your childhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What theme tune instantly transports you back to your childhood?

*Thread Merged* You can now read all the oldies members answers too Mine are on page one.
    Heather

Comment

there are so many but some of my absolute faves is mysterious cities of gold, around the world with willy fog, maid marian and dogtanian. i loved them as a kid. everytime i hear it now i cant help but sing along
      MOLE MOLE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE - GRUNDA GRUNDA

Comment

The Playschool theme instantly transports me back to b & w telly as a small child.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Playschool.html
        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Thanks for link, Jacqueline. That's Brian Cant doing the voice if I'm not mistaken. Great memory.
          I see DYR's favourite, 'televisiontunes', has been updated, new banner, more tunes. Excellent!

Comment

I wanted Brian Cant to be my Uncle. He was fab.

Comment

He was .....err...IS!

He also sang the 'Playaway' theme, along with Fred Harris, Julie Stevens and the rest.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Playa...ersion_2).html

Comment

I had a compilation video of clips from Playschool across the years. It was really good. Wonder if I can get it on dvd...

Comment

3 of my earliest are the music from The Edgar Wallace mysteries that played when the bust was revolving, The Champions and The Persuaders.
                  "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Re: TV themetunes

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                    Flambards
                    Top call. Has to be one of the most haunting themes ever. When I was 9, I would hear it and imagine myself soaring into the sky in a 1914 bi-plane with Christina gazing at me in admiration! Well a 9-year old flying a propellor plane would look pretty impressive.

My mum and sister loved the show so much and bought the tape of the music, which I remember had a lovely pic of Christina in full hunt dress on the front, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxCjcxpkTmI

Comment

I think my No 1 is Trumpton but I've got to say Camberwick Green and Chigley are close behind as well as Tales from the Riverbank and The Wooden Tops in fact there are so many tunes that transport me back I can't just pick 1!

Comment

I'd say Battle of the Planets, Dallas and Crossroads.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

banana splits
                          robin crusoe {was a series in the 70,s i think it was french but dubbed into english}
                          the sweeney
                          trumpton
                          the wombles

Comment

any of the old dr who theme tunes.
                            v the original as well.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Lots of theme tunes remind me of being a kid again, but the theme that really makes me all nostalgic is actually the music on those broadcasting adverts/idents
                              like the Anglia tv just before sale of the century or particularly the ATV ident, found it here and it gives me goosebumps after all these years
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN43t...eature=related

Comment

This as well as the Bod theme tune.

Comment

Working...
                                X