Old TV Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old TV Movie

Does anyone know the name of an old black and white TV horror film in which a young boy and girl had very long fingernails which they used to tear out the heart of their guardian and then throw it on the fire grate?

Re: Old TV Movie

Am pretty sure this was called 'stolen hearts' but just been on line and all I can find is much more modern stuff

It was maybe like an episode of one of the classic horror series they used to put on in late sixties /early seventies

Comment

I remember the scene where they were sitting in a bathroom and opened their hands to reveal gaping holes in their chests vividly. I watched it on my own when I was about 15, scared the hell out of me. I couldn't wait to talk about it at school the next day but nobody else saw it. Wondered for years which film it's from. I thought it might have been from The Innocents but it's not. Now you've reminded me of it Bizzer it's going to bug me until I can find it

Comment

I think I can put you out of your misery

It was called 'Lost Hearts', an adaptation of an M.R. James' ghost story, and was shown in 1973 as part of the 'Ghost stories for Christmas' series.

Its available on Youtube here;

YouTube - Lost Hearts 1/4 Ghost Story M.R James

Hope that helps

Comment

Found a couple of piccies...

Don't have nightmares

Comment

. Well done Soup
            Heather

Comment

great stuff soup dragon!

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

There was an earlier, black and white adaptation of this same M.R. James story in the series "Mystery and Imagination" in the late 60s.

Comment

Thanks for the link Soup Dragon, and for the info Lurker In The Dark . I think it might have been the 1966 original that I remember. If it was the 1973 version then I was 13 when I saw it and it's no wonder none of my school mates did. I was allowed to watch some very dodgy stuff when I was a child!

Comment

Working...
                  X