Confessions of a teenage love addict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessions of a teenage love addict?

Hi can anyone help me, there used to be a series in the early 90's. It may have been on BBC2 called I think;

'Confessions of a teenage love addict'

It was an english comedy on about 6.30 at night about a dorky guy at college who really fancied a girl but couldn't get anywhere near her as everyone fancied her. I am sure her name was Amanda

The only other thing of any relevance is that his best friend was a college girl who was a bit of hippy studying art and she drove an old B reg mercedes.

His best friend tries to help him get amanda but sercretly fancies him. In the final episode he finally gets Amanda before reallising that he and his best friend should actually be together.

Does this ring a bell with anyone or am I correct with the name?
    As its really bugging me

thanks

Re: Confessions of a teenage love addict?

I think I know what you mean, it was an adaptation by Daniel Peacock (who also played the Dad in it,) for Channel 4 of the sequel to Confessions Of A Teenage Health Freak, which was also adapted.

I mostly remember the first adaptation better.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I googled daniel peacock and there are a couple of titles for confessions of a, but cant see the one I want. I am now wondering if it was called cofessions of a teenage losser.

just hope it jogs someones memory as would like see if could download it somewhere.

Comment

I think it was the second series of this:

"Teenage Health Freak" (1991)
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

well done my friend think you have found it!! I was a bit out on the name but recognise Liza walker who played Amanda

cheers

Comment

You - this was an adaptation of Diary of a Teenage Health freak - a book I read religiously as a teenager.

The TV adaptation was great (although it did stray a bit far from the original book) as was the second series.

Would love to get it on DVD but I don't think it's ever been released - shame really.

Tony Robinson played the headmaster in the first series and Liza Walker was the sexy as hell when I was about 18.

Comment

Working...
            X