Alpha and Omega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha and Omega

Vague memories of a puppet/cartoon type kids show possibly end of 60s or early 70s. 2 rock like figures with flashing lights as they talken called alpha and omega - or something like that. I seem to recall human characters as well but not really sure as I was probably only 7 at the time
    Just who was Soft Mick?

Re: Alpha and Omega

They sound like Horta to me ( Star Trek "Devil in the Dark" episode)
    anyone know if the Star Trek cartoon series featured Horta's?

Comment

It definitely wasn't a Star Trek episode. I may be confusing it with something else but I think it also had a humanoid dressed in "leaves" on a space ship. Confusing I know but we are talking about 35 years plus ago and I wasn't very old at the time.
      Just who was Soft Mick?

Comment

Hi faxand1962
        I posted this a few months back
        https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...tasy-show.html

when you mentioned 2 rocks that had flashing lights i thought it could be the show i half remembered.
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        heres my original post

does anyone remember a childrens fantasy show from the early 80's
        it was shown at around noon on sundays i think.

it was on film and didn't look British. maybe European or even american.

there is only one thing i remember about it.

there was a man in his 60s - sort of a mad scientist with a face painted green or blue and wore a robe.
        (he looked like Granpa Munster).
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandpa_(The_Munsters)

he was in a cave most of the time which had 2 rock pillars about 4 foot tall. on top of each of these were glass heads (like window dummy heads). they glowed red and green and spoke.

imagine a cross between the sets on a 1960s Star Trek episode (when they beam down to a planet) with a bit of HR puffin stuff
        My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

I have to say that sounds almost like it but I would have been in my 20s then and I feel I was much younger. Hopefully someone will post some info re that show.
          Just who was Soft Mick?

Comment

It was probably re-shown in the 80's or was a kind of remake. Doesn't ring any bells with me I'm afraid.
            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Working...
            X