Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one is tough

Hi all

I've just joined here to see if I can tie up one annoying loose end in the form of a children's show that I saw back in the early 70's yet I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it and nobody else so far has either, OK, here's what I remember, there was this house, and in the house there were kids, but the kids were all ghosts, they walked through the walls of the house and as they did they would always leave a sparkling residue behind, this would have been shown on TV around 1971, and it was also shown on TV in my primary school, so it must have been quite famous at the time, from what I remember it was very serious, just like Escape Into Night, Timeslip and many of those other children's shows, I think it must have been ATV that I saw it on and not the BBC but I can't say for sure.

So anyway, over to you guys, anyone here remember seeing anything that sounds like it might be that series back in the early 70's??.

Cheers

Re: This one is tough

Originally posted by Brainstormer View Post
    Hi all

I've just joined here to see if I can tie up one annoying loose end in the form of a children's show that I saw back in the early 70's yet I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it and nobody else so far has either, OK, here's what I remember, there was this house, and in the house there were kids, but the kids were all ghosts, they walked through the walls of the house and as they did they would always leave a sparkling residue behind, this would have been shown on TV around 1971, and it was also shown on TV in my primary school, so it must have been quite famous at the time, from what I remember it was very serious, just like Escape Into Night, Timeslip and many of those other children's shows, I think it must have been ATV that I saw it on and not the BBC but I can't say for sure.

So anyway, over to you guys, anyone here remember seeing anything that sounds like it might be that series back in the early 70's??.

Cheers

No???...well as I said it is a tough one, the only other information I can give if it helps is that for some reason it was also shown in my primary school back then, I would have gone and asked my old teachers but...er....well we're talking about 39 years ago here, so of course they'll have all since been replaced, the best way that might help jog a few latent memories here is if you can think of any early 70's series that involved kids walking through walls, the kids were ghosts in a house which they haunted, as I say when they went onto the wall some sparks or something then came out, that making any sense to anyone here??, any bells ringing??, even quiet ones??.

Comment

All I can remember is The Ghosts of Motley Hall but they were mostly adults.
      I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

A few suggestions.

Moondial?

The Children of Green Knowe?

Tom's Midnight Garden?
        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          A few suggestions.

Moondial?

The Children of Green Knowe?

Tom's Midnight Garden?

Thanks so much for trying huggie, I really appreciate all efforts, however, I checked all those out and unfortunately none of those series were from the era in question, they don't go back far enough, I'm talking about the very early 1970's, it was a longtime ago I realise, if anyone here can remember seeing things like Timeslip, Ace Of Wands etc then this is the time that it would have been shown, just to recap, ghost children who could walk through the walls of a house, left strange residues behind as they went into the wall, early 1970's, anyone got any idea??...

Comment

Still no??...maybe I should have called this thread 'This one is Impossible', it sure seems to have everyone beat, I know I definately saw it but it's like it's been wiped out of all existance, well, just in case there might be someone...ANYONE who might have seen it back then and forgotten, we are talking early 1970's, OK, ghost children in a house who could walk through the walls of the house ( as ghosts do), anyone here 45+ years old would have seen it, that any help at all??.

Comment

Can you remember any more like how the children had died, were there living people in the house too?
              What period was it set in, how were the ghosts dressed?
              We could do with a liitle more to go on as there are hundreds of childrens ghost series out there.
              Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                Can you remember any more like how the children had died, were there living people in the house too?
                What period was it set in, how were the ghosts dressed?
                We could do with a liitle more to go on as there are hundreds of childrens ghost series out there.

I think it just started with them haunting the house, there was no death scene as far as I can recall, the children were dressed very ordinarily, contemporary for the time, early 70's, can't remember any living people in the house, the whole thing was centered around the ghost children, the strange thing as I said before is that I remember it being shown in my Primary school once, it was still very early 1970's, about the time when Ace Of Wands and Timeslip were at their height this was a short while after it was broadcast on TV when I saw it originally, I remembered it and didn't know why they were showing it but it was fun, again the kids walked through the walls of the house.

Comment

Working...
                X