Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late 80's tv 3 part drama..driving me nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 80's tv 3 part drama..driving me nuts!

HELP
    This driving me and(by extension) my family Nuts.

Does anybody out the recall a made for Tv drama set in the U.S (in 3 parts i think). It was about 3 (possibly 4) boys who were best friends. They used to bully and tease a local girl and ( i think ) raped/attacked her. The then buried and left her for dead in some woods. Years later they grow up and apart. One becomes a famous sports (football) player, one something in politics? one an actor and one a criminal. The criminal draws a pic of himself on the wall of his prison cell and then gets a bucket of bleach thrown in his face. Instead of going blind the image of christ is left behind and he becomes an born again evangelist or something. The all get drawn back together when they are blackmailed about the incident. it turns out the girl wasn't dead (oooh didnt see that comin did ya!) and is seeking revenge etc etc etc.....
    i know this was released on video at some point... NO ONE i know remembers it...it was brilliant. Cant tell you who was in it but im sure it was around'87-89 help this is driving me mad trying to remember
    !

Re: Late 80's tv 3 part drama..driving me nuts!

Hiya

Am pretty sure this was a mini-series called 'Celebrity' because all 3 main characters in it became famous in their own field
    ( who's famous in their field ? Worzel Gummidge - oldy but goody)

The trouble is since that series was broadcast there's been a zillion programmes with the word Celebrity in the title so now it'll take some dedicated long term messing with a search engine to locate it
    Last edited by Danny; 10-09-2009, 11:26. Reason: spelling

Comment

slams in a link for Danny boy! surprisingly easy to find with your title.
      "Celebrity" (1984)
      Heather

Comment

Way to go Hug - worth your weight in * * (Danny hastily shuts up cos he's breaking the golden rule - never say the word 'weight' to any female)

I did originally Google this.."tv series - celebrity" but it gave me a few million hits and none of the front-pagers looked like what I was after.

Was hoping somebody else would go the extra mile to find it ; thats why you're a moderator and I 'm just me!

Comment

Doh!! all you did is miss out the word "drama" ... "Tv drama series Celebrity" ... and its the third hit down (1984)
          Heather

Comment

Danny and Huggy

Marvellous you guys have restored some of my (limited)sanity! Celebrity it was, and it was dead good. I think i was about 17 when it came out and have spent sooo long trying to find it since!
            Big kisses to you both ( its ok i female!)

Sammie (hemedama)

Comment

Well done Danny
              Heather

Comment

Working...
              X