The Kids From Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kids From Fame

oh how I looked forward to Thursday(?) evenings back in the 80's.... I was sooo in love with Bruno Martelli

Had the albums, had the leg warmers, even had the Doris Schwartz hairdo (not intentional!). What a fabulous programme.

Justin Lee Collins's "Bring Back Fame" was great. Poor old Leroy.

Re: The Kids From Fame

Originally posted by pantherpink View Post
    oh how I looked forward to Thursday(?) evenings back in the 80's.... I was sooo in love with Bruno Martelli

Had the albums, had the leg warmers, even had the Doris Schwartz hairdo (not intentional!). What a fabulous programme.

Justin Lee Collins's "Bring Back Fame" was great. Poor old Leroy.
    Poor Leroy indeed. What a huge talent Gene Anthony Ray was.

I adored the first couple of seasons, but my memory is that is all went a bit off later on with major changes of cast etc. When I got the first season on DVD, I was just utterly delighted as I relived those wonderful memories.

"The secret of life is in the living, and not just standing there and watching life go by..."

Comment

I too loved watching Fame, Its one of the only times my big sister would sit and spend time with me, she was way to cool for me, think I cramped her style

Think most little girls dream of being able to dance like that, I know I did. Also lusted after a pair of leg warmers never got any though.

another shattered dream
      Heather

Comment

Just for you, pantherpink

Comment

:cry: oh no!!!!! Thats awful, I use to think "what a hunk", and now seeing that picture I just thought what a cute looking boy
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            :cry: oh no!!!!! Thats awful, I use to think "what a hunk", and now seeing that picture I just thought what a cute looking boy
            Yeah huggie, the age perception thing. When you look back on people you, *ahem* 'liked' as a youngster, compared to how you view them now, it can be a bit strange.

Comment

I remember seeing the first episode and thinking 'Wow!'
              It was so full of energy and 'feel good', I loved it!

Like you, MB, I felt it it did lose something after the first couple of series.

Just to make you jealous, Heather, I had a few pairs of legwarmers.

sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Wouldn't miss this programme when it first started. Read the books, stuck the stickers in the albums, bought the tapes, join the fan club, and received the magazines. If only I could remember where those magazines are now. It was massive.

I did hear 'Dreammaker' a while ago and thought it was an OK song, nothing special. But back in the day .....

Then I saw the film and that was me done with the Kids.

Comment

Working...
                X