Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids British drama, mid-80s

Hi

I'm afraid I only have a one-scene recollection of this programme but desperate to know what it is as I remember this scene often (who knows why, but it haunts me ).

I'm quite sure it was a weekday after-school timed series that I used to enjoy watching (partly because I rather liked the boy in it!).

I am fairly sure that the two main characters were a girl and boy of around 10 years of age, possibly brother and sister. He had blond hair and may have been called Simon. It was possibly a sort of magical/fantasy type theme, yet the kids were 'ordinary' looking, in clothes of the time. It feels like it should have 'Moon' in the title somewhere.

The scene I remember is that the children were looking for something and came to a waterfall, they were looking across a lake towards it, and I think 'Simon' was wearing yellow.

Very vague, I know, but any ideas gratefully received!

Re: Kids British drama, mid-80s

Moondial possibly?
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Well, 'brother and sister', 'waterfall' and 'blond hair' would fit, 'Century Falls'. The lead chaarcter was called Ben, but the actor who played him was called Simon.

Any good?

Comment

...looks like that may be a yellow top he's wearing too.

(I've just noticed you say the kids could have been around 10 years old, so I may be barking up the wrong tree here.)

Comment

That's it - Century Falls! Oh, thank you so much. Several years of brain racking finally resolved!

I was only taking a rough guess on the kids' ages, having only the vague recollection of 20-odd years ago.

(Richard, I knew it wasn't Moondial, should have said that when I mentioned 'Moon' which turned out to be completely off anyway...)

EDIT: Blimey, seems it was in 1993 - way after I thought. Definitely the programme though. Seems I was a fan of RTD all that time ago and didn't even realise.
          Last edited by Ladybird; 30-11-2009, 02:06.

Comment

I actually thought of Century Falls when I read the original post, but thought it couldn't be because I knew it was much later than the mid-80s.

Best TV kids' drama ever IMO, I have it on DVD.

Comment

centuary falls was pretty good at the time, it was kinda like the follow up to dark season which was also very good, they were dark shows for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by robbieboy View Post
                centuary falls was pretty good at the time, it was kinda like the follow up to dark season which was also very good, they were dark shows for kids.
                Dark Season was also by Russell T Davies, fairly scary, though the main villan looked like Chris Packham trying to be one of the Blues Brothers, & had a scream that made Mariah Carey sound like Barry White.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                X