Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thriller/Horror help.

Hi all,
    Just stumbled across this great forum. Plenty of memories on here.
    Hope someone can help me with my query.
    In the late 70's or early 80's I remember watching a programme in which a man is trapped in room. When he is let out of the room there is a long cage outside. He starts walking along the cage and discovers at the far end there is another room containing some starving alsatians. Realising he is about to become lunch he tries to go back the way he came but finds the cage walls have closed in and are covered in razor blades.
    There's probably other stuff going off that I can't remember and this bit only lasts about for a minute or so but it's stuck in my mind for about 30 years!
    Was thinking it might be Armchair Thriller/ Hammer House of Horror or something like that but have looked at episode guides and none of them ring a bell.
    I hope someone else can remember this and it wasn't a horrible dream!
    Many thanks.

Re: Thriller/Horror help.

i remember in the 70s sat nights methinks, it was called thriller, and it always started like the camera was looking through a peep hole lens, cant remember any episodes though

Comment

Originally posted by zofo1961 View Post
      i remember in the 70s sat nights methinks, it was called thriller, and it always started like the camera was looking through a peep hole lens, cant remember any episodes though
      It might be but i have recently watched the first 20 and do not recall that scene.There's a lot to go,though so perhaps it'll be in one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by zofo1961 View Post
        Oh hang on,you may be right,Zofo.I just remembered there's something like that in the episode called KISS ME AND DIE.The episode with jenny Agutter

Comment

Yeah, sounds like 'Thriller' from 1974. 'Kiss Me and Die' was third episode in season 2. Agutter played a character called Dominie Lanceford. The series featured actors/actresses such as Robert Powell, TP McKenna and Dinsdale Landen. I believe some (if not all) episodes are available on DVD. I've checked through synopses of all six seasons, but can't find one that mentions the Alsatians.
          Last edited by steveffisher; 05-12-2009, 15:46.
          "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Just dug out the dvd and did a quick scan through that episode.
            Couldn't see any dogs so i'm afraid it's not that. Sorry.

Comment

This is one of the stories in a film called 'Tales From The Crypt' (1972).
              It is called 'Blind Alleys'.
              Great film!
              sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

That's the one!
                Many thanks for your help.
                Now just got to find it on dvd and see if it's as frightening as I remember.

Comment

Well Done Kaz
                  Heather

Comment

Working...
                  X