• Show
Clear All

Re: ITV teletext

BBC Ceefax - 600 will bring your tv guide up for BBC1 /2 ITV Ch4 & 5
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

........You have a computer too, put TV Listings UK in Google and you'll get all the listings you want !!

Results 1 - 10 of about 61,600,000 for tv listings uk. (0.13 seconds)
      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I'm too proud to do that joybee, gosh darn it!!
        Too proud and too lazy!

Comment

Thread revival!

I cannot believe you guys have not mentioned Digitiser, the best thing ever to come out of Teletext. There was nothing like it before, and there sure as isn't anything like it now. I really miss it, and while Gamecentral did/does a good job of giving us the gaming news and reviews without bias, it lacks that certain pizazz that Digi had. No Mr T warning kids away from his bins, no snakes 'cussing' each other up, no Mr Nude from Nudesville, no swans 'moc-moc-a-moc'ing and certainly no tramps wearing lipstick. Maybe I'm looking back with rose tints here, but Digi really was the best thing about Teletext. Do you see?

Anyone else used to read the mighty Digi?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Thread revival!

I cannot believe you guys have not mentioned Digitiser, the best thing ever to come out of Teletext. There was nothing like it before, and there sure as isn't anything like it now. I really miss it, and while Gamecentral did/does a good job of giving us the gaming news and reviews without bias, it lacks that certain pizazz that Digi had. No Mr T warning kids away from his bins, no snakes 'cussing' each other up, no Mr Nude from Nudesville, no swans 'moc-moc-a-moc'ing and certainly no tramps wearing lipstick. Maybe I'm looking back with rose tints here, but Digi really was the best thing about Teletext. Do you see?

Digitizer ruled! I actually hated it at first but gradually warmed to it... who could forget Fat Sow and The Man With The Long Chin!

Best bit for me was 'Ring-Sir' with Phoning Honey, who would make an apparent prank call to a computer game shop/magazine/repair centre every week. It was never certain whether they'd actually made these calls or just made them up, but they were funny as hell anyway, I memorized loads of them word-for-word in my head and can still remember them now!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              Thread revival!

indeed i remember digitiser.
              i used to check it every day.
              think it was page 470 u went to.
              page 471 was review 1
              then 472 was review 2.
              all the way down to page 479 which day the latest game charts.

it was replaced by game central as u say sly.
              but no not as good.

they had a game review section on ceefax which i checked a lot.
              but now its gone as well.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Just to make you all feal really old, here's a Digi tribute site:
                http://www.btinternet.com/~moononastick/sp58/Index.html

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaGuy View Post
                  Just to make you all feal really old, here's a Digi tribute site:
                  http://www.btinternet.com/~moononastick/sp58/Index.html
                  It does when the tribute site link has not been updated in 10 years. ;-)

Comment

Hmmm. Looks like it's gone completely now. Never mind, I've found another - more recent - one for you to enjoy...
                    https://www.superpage58.com/index.html

Comment

I have to admit that the Teletext website was a bit better than the TV service - seeing all the regions available for local news was fascinating at the time.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                      X