Good Sounding TV Shows You've Never Had The Chance To See

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sounding TV Shows You've Never Had The Chance To See

A few TV shows have been recomended to me over the years, either through word of mouth or in books, but I've not had the chance to sample them for myself.

Ones that come to mind:

Star Cops - Originally planned to replace Doctor Who but by the time it got made (the original plan was for it to be a radio show) Dr Who had been put back into production & Star Cops was marginalised. The videos released in the early 1990s sold a lot better than the BBC expected.

Target - The BBC's attempt to make The Sweeney, with Patrick Mower & much violence. 1 or 2 other BBC crime shows from that era (Gangsters, The Chinese Detective) sound interesting.

Wood & Walters - Victoria Wood's first attempt at a sketch show, with Julie Walters in tow. Only partually networked by ITV & only sampleable in script books. A much delayed DVD is on the way.

The Tonight Show - Channel 4 did try screening it during Johnny Carson's later years but it didn't catch on. Did they try showing RTE's The Late Late Show at one time?
    The Trickster On The Roof

Re: Good Sounding TV Shows You've Never Had The Chance To See

Used to watch Tonight Show, Wood & Walters & Target..all good.
    Didn't think much of Chinese detective, but loved Strangers and Gangsters

Star Cops.. never saw it .. sounds rubbish.. just like Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
      Star Cops.. never saw it .. sounds rubbish.. just like Doctor Who
      Interestingly that's one of the reasons it sounds interesting, some of the writers were the same. Moonbase 3 & Doomwatch (with Robert Powell was in it) were other shows with Doctor Who personnel behind the scenes. Star Maidens also on the fringes of that catagory.

I remember Sapphire & Steel also being recommended, it slipped my mind before as did The XYY Man - Bullman- Strangers trilogy.

Comment

I've always wanted to see 'Target' as well, mainly because I'm a huge fan of 'The Sweeney'.

Also, I'd like to have seen 'Matt Houston' - I don't know much about it, but the name sounds great.
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

always wanted to see sapphire and steel but never did.
          another i wanted to see was cats eyes which im sure had jill gascoigne in it she was in the gentle touch.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Since my original post I got the chance to see some Sapphire & Steel when my ex-girlfriend bought the complete set.

I didn't watch all of it, but enjoyed what I did. I remember we didn't see them in order, & after the 1st story we saw the infamous "faceless man" one.

Comment

Working...
            X