TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Aquila and Out of Sight were two children's dramas from the late 1990s that are now obscure and largely forgotten. I vaguely remember that one was CBBC and the other CITV.

I have some episodes of the cartoon series The Voyages of Dr Dolittle on videotape that were broadcast by CBBC some time in the 1980s. Hardly anybody seems to remember it compared with other 'classic' CBBC cartoons of the 1980s.

Comment

I remember that version of Dr Dolittle, it looked like it was animated in Japan, but almost everyone had an American accent.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It was produced by the same company that produced The Pink Panther cartoons.

Comment

HERES AQUILLA MATE.
          2/12/97.

https://youtu.be/GPPDyHer38c

CANT SAY ID HEARD OF IT.

THAT DR DOOLITTLE ONE WAS VERY GOOD.

-----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Arran View Post
          Aquila and Out of Sight were two children's dramas from the late 1990s that are now obscure and largely forgotten. I vaguely remember that one was CBBC and the other CITV.

I have some episodes of the cartoon series The Voyages of Dr Dolittle on videotape that were broadcast by CBBC some time in the 1980s. Hardly anybody seems to remember it compared with other 'classic' CBBC cartoons of the 1980s.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            That sounds Like Benji, Zax & The Alien Prince.
            I loved that show. Most of my imagination games I made up were kind of based on this. Still are.... Wasn't the prince always being hunted down by some men in a black van that looked a bit like the A team van?

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelen View Post
              I loved that show. Most of my imagination games I made up were kind of based on this. Still are.... Wasn't the prince always being hunted down by some men in a black van that looked a bit like the A team van?
              Yes that's right, it was a man & a women.

Comment

Has anybody encountered a kids drama called Mika about a lad from Finland who walks across Europe with his reindeer? It was broadcast at some point in the mid 1980s, so it's before my time, but I've seen a few episodes on video. It was either on ITV or Channel 4 because it doesn't show up on BBC Genome.

I'm led to believe it was quite popular in northern Europe but it wasn't to the taste of most British kids at the time.

Comment

I CANT FIND IT ON YT.GRRR
                  BUT IM CERTAIN I DO REMEMBER IT REMEMBER SEEING IT.

IT SOUNDS VERY familiar.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Help !!!

I keep getting flashbacks of a TV series about 10 years ago - where a guy either builds or rebuilds a helicopter from scratch .... In his garage !! The guy had been on a few series before that , usually helping people out that had been conned or cheated by a company or similar ...

Comment

Arran, Mika sounds vaguely familiar from the plot, but the title itself rang only the faintest of bells.

Comment

I watched the first episode of Brookside on youtube,it was then that I found out that in 2007 the 13 houses on the close was sold at auction for £735,000.Really run down and scruffy looking and the lane surrounded by fencing was supposed to have been the shortcut to the shops,but when Chris Moyles visited it was a dead end

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                          I watched the first episode of Brookside on youtube,it was then that I found out that in 2007 the 13 houses on the close was sold at auction for £735,000.Really run down and scruffy looking and the lane surrounded by fencing was supposed to have been the shortcut to the shops,but when Chris Moyles visited it was a dead end
                          Wish they'd repeat the whole series of Brookside !!!

I seem to recall Michael Owen buying the whole estate and moving his immediate family plus other relatives in there after filming ceased .

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            Help !!!

I keep getting flashbacks of a TV series about 10 years ago - where a guy either builds or rebuilds a helicopter from scratch .... In his garage !! The guy had been on a few series before that , usually helping people out that had been conned or cheated by a company or similar ...
                            Anyone ??

Comment

Don't know if anyone has replied to your thread starter OP but the film you describe sounds like: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099197/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Comment

I did hear someone bought the Brookside houses intending to sell them off, but went bankrupt & they were left in limbo for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X