X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Originally posted by big kid View Post
    remember this cartoon ???

I can remember watching it in the mid 1980s one Summertime.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I obtained all all the shows on dvd, good fun.One segment was called "beat your brains out" where the drunken audience were given large rubber mallets and chaos ensued.

Comment

OOPS in reply to OTT post.

Comment

It does seem familiar to me im sure i too saw it in the eighties.

Thnx for reminding me.

There should be a channel just for old obscure tv shows like this one.

Originally posted by richard1978 View Post
          i can remember watching it in the mid 1980s one summertime.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Agree that it would be nice to have a channel dedicated to old, more obscure or forgotten TV shows. You would think that with the hundreds of channels we now have that there would be room for it.

Comment

here's one from the early 80s. i only recall this being on during the six week school holidays.

Comment

Yes, I remember Pac-Man, and I think you are right that it was only shown in school holidays.

Oh, No, it's Selwyn Froggitt: Bill Maynard as hapless council worker in popular mid-70s sitcom. His catchphrase was "Magic, our Maurice" with cheesey grin and double thumbs-up.

The Sandbaggers: Roy Marsden as M.I.6 agent in dour, mostly studio-bound drama. He spent as much time fighting his political bosses as he did the KGB. Shown on ITV around 1981.

Second Verdict: Fictional BBC detectives Barlow and Watt investigate 6 real-life crimes in a series from around 1976. Never seen it repeated since original transmission. It was a follow-up to their similar 1973 series where they investigated the Jack the Ripper murders.

The Sky's the Limit: Early 70s game show with Hughie Green assisted by Monica Rose. It had a travel theme and the prize was, I think, 21,000 miles of travel with spending money. I remember contestants could win money in pounds or dollars, say a question was worth £100 or $100. Even at the time I wondered why anyone would choose $100 over £100 as the exchange rate was in excess of $2 = £1.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                  Agree that it would be nice to have a channel dedicated to old, more obscure or forgotten TV shows. You would think that with the hundreds of channels we now have that there would be room for it.
                  UK Gold, Bravo & Granada Plus all started off showing some less well known shows from the past, but after a few years started on more recent programming.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                    Oh, No, it's Selwyn Froggitt: Bill Maynard as hapless council worker in popular mid-70s sitcom. His catchphrase was "Magic, our Maurice" with cheesey grin and double thumbs-up.
                    selwyn froggitt was good. wish it would get shown again.

Comment

Hi Richard, Yes, the channels that did show old programmes have largely moved on to newer material, while the older stuff seems to be the same familiar shows like 'Only Fools and Horses'. There must be so many series from the 70s just sitting in archives. Surely a channel that resurrected series that this thread has discussed would get enough viewers to justify it.

I am pleased you remember and enjoyed 'Selwyn Froggitt', Big Kid. That catchphrase was all over the place at the height of the show's popularity.

Comment

When I was off school ill I would watch the For Schools programmes in the morning. I caught an episode of a drama that was called Interference. A family have just moved to a new house (or possibly visiting their holiday home) and when they turn on the radio they keep picking up noises of an old woman crying. When they put on there TV and try to tune it they get the same thing but with fuzzy pictures of the old woman. I got sent back to school before I found out the conclusion. We got our first video in 1987 so I think the programme pre-dates then. I think I would have taped it if we'd had a video at the time.

Not having a video was a pain, I hated missing the start of Mr T at half 3.

Comment

Three US sitcoms from the early 70s, all shown on ITV, I think.

Nanny and the Professor: Juliet Mills played an English nanny working for an American family. Nanny seemingly had magical powers, Mary Poppins-style.

Anna and the King: Yul Brynner and Samantha Eggar starred in this one, based on "Anna and the King of Siam". Don't think there were any musical numbers in it.

Family Affair: Actually I think this one began in the 60s but I saw it in the early 70s. Brian Keith played a widower and Sebastian Cabot an English butler looking after Keith and kids.

Talking of Sebastian has reminded me of another series he starred in: Ghost Story from circa 1972. It was a supernatural anthology series and Cabot played Winston Essex, who introduced each of the stories. It morphed into Circle of Fear, but the Winston Essex introductions were dropped.

Comment

Trip2the moon, I think 'Interference' was a multi-part drama made for 'Middle English.' Yes, it was pretty creepy for a schools programme. Can't see it being shown to kids at school nowadays. If I remember correctly it was a mom and 3 kids renting a cottage and there might have been a dad as well later on. What I remember most clearly was when someone picked up the phone and the ghostly woman was crying on it.

Comment

Comment

Yes it sounds and looks familiar to me.

Originally posted by big kid View Post
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X