TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Thanks for the link, Big Kid. It is astounding what Youtube can turn up--great stuff .

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      Thanks for the link, Big Kid. It is astounding what Youtube can turn up--great stuff .
      your welcome staffslad.

does anyone remember this show, out of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post

That's the one. Haven't seen this part though. I've only seen the part with the dad there and you can hear the old woman on the radio and get to see her on the telly. I remember the dad calling it heterodyne. Is heterodyne not the noise you get when going the the frequencies on an old analogue tuner? I would love to see the conclusion of this.

Comment

Comment

Trying to find a show from the early 90s for ages now. I seem to be the only person who can remember it, to the point when I talk about it I'm always asked "are you sure you're not making it up?"
            I can't recall much but it was British and filmed in a coastal town and could possibly have been a one off drama. I just remember the start of it was a young girl on a boat. She was a loner, possibly she was bullied, and it starts with her voice-over talking about a local witch who died centuries earlier. I think there was a stone statue of this witch that the girl became fascinated with.
            I'm sure it aired in the early 90s and possibly on the Nickelodeon channel.

Comment

Series of shorts on 90s Nickelodeon starring two dragons setting things on fire? Hi guys, I've been looking for a set of really short cartoons that were shown on Nickelodeon between programs in the UK. They starred two dragons, one only ever said 'Balla balla!' and the other one only said 'whoossh!' and at the same time set something on fire. They would get into trouble because of this. That was the whole setup and format for it and I think they were always only about 20 seconds long. I've been able to find other people that remember this cartoon but nobody who knows what it's called or find any clips etc. A guy on yahoo answers says that he's even contacted Nickelodeon and they had no clue. I've watched so many 90s nickelodeon short cartoon compilations on youtube but never found them. Probably because they're all American ones and I think these would have been European imports! It may have been one dragon chasing another creature, based on another person who remembers the cartoon on Yahoo Answers: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...3022643AAFJt3E

If anyone knows anything, that would be totally amazing as this is the only thing on the internet I've never found. And I've found ads and idents I remember from my childhood going to Centre PArcs in Holland by finding someone with the tapes and transfering them!

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Dalh View Post
                Trying to find a show from the early 90s for ages now. I seem to be the only person who can remember it, to the point when I talk about it I'm always asked "are you sure you're not making it up?"
                I can't recall much but it was British and filmed in a coastal town and could possibly have been a one off drama. I just remember the start of it was a young girl on a boat. She was a loner, possibly she was bullied, and it starts with her voice-over talking about a local witch who died centuries earlier. I think there was a stone statue of this witch that the girl became fascinated with.
                I'm sure it aired in the early 90s and possibly on the Nickelodeon channel.
                Was it this, Moon Dalh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Eye_(TV_series)

Comment

I've not encountered many people who remember Paulus the Gnome. A great shame that not much footage of it seems to have survived.
                  Moody and Pegg - comedy-drama series.

The one programme that no-one I've spoken to seems to recall - to the extent that I'm beginning to think I might be imagining it - was Tottering Towers. Ring any bells?

Comment

Ive done a check and tottering towers was from 1971/1972.
                    So see you didnt imagine it

There where characters such as soapy cyrl and marmaduke.

Originally posted by teepee View Post
                    i've not encountered many people who remember paulus the gnome. a great shame that not much footage of it seems to have survived.
                    moody and pegg - comedy-drama series.

The one programme that no-one i've spoken to seems to recall - to the extent that i'm beginning to think i might be imagining it - was tottering towers. ring any bells?
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      So see you didnt imagine it.
                      Thanks, you're a star - and I'm a lazy git. I didn't even bother googling before posting my message as I remember looking for it a few years ago and there wasn't a sniff of a trace of any info about it. I'm glad to know I'm not dreaming things!

Comment

your forgiven for being lazy this time.

as time goes on people forget.

how many shows ive forgotten until i see clips of them.
                        glad i could help you out.

Cant find any clips on yt though.

Originally posted by teepee View Post
                        thanks, you're a star - and i'm a lazy git. I didn't even bother googling before posting my message as i remember looking for it a few years ago and there wasn't a sniff of a trace of any info about it. I'm glad to know i'm not dreaming things!
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

THE GONG SHOW aired on c4 early '80s, hosted by Chuck Barris is definitely one to search for on youtube, Chuck seems drunk most of the time and the show was outrageous with bizarre acts and was frequently censored with the word "oops" covering the screen.Search for the "popscicle twins" and you'll see what i mean.

Comment

The Simpsons have spoofed The Gong Show at least once, there was a flashback to when Homer & Barney entered wearing a large pair of trousers & playing a giant mouth organ together, which was based on a real act.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

"Gene gene the dancing machine" a member of the crew came on every week to do his dance, panelist j p morgan got censored all the time, chuck barris got the sack by NBC and on the last show sang a song "take this job and shove it".

Comment

[QUOTE=teepee;209376]I've not encountered many people who remember Paulus the Gnome. A great shame that not much footage of it seems to have survived.
                                QUOTE]

I do! I used to love it when I was a man-cub!
                                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                                X