TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Lol I don't know why I wrote BJ .. I was only playing an old album of his last week and that is what reminded me of Maggie..

Comment

Thanks sixtyten, with a little more research I got that far but still no further than that.

Comment

What about BBC childrens drama shows from the 70s: "KING CINDER" about a young speedway rider played by Peter Duncan and "BREAK IN THE SUN" a young girl (Nicola Cowper) who leaves London and goes on a barge to Dreamland Amusement Park at Margate.

Was there an ITV programme in the early 1970s called "PATHFINDERS" that was about a bomber squadron in World War 2 flying Lancasters?

Comment

anyone recall a show called seaview with yvette fielding before she was on blue peter about a family running a hotel in blackpool

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
            anyone recall a show called seaview with yvette fielding before she was on blue peter about a family running a hotel in blackpool
            Certainly do, she was the bossy sister to a younger brother.
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
              Certainly do, she was the bossy sister to a younger brother.
              That was Seaview.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Err yes Richard I know, I was saying I remembered it after n3llyo asked if anyone remembeed it
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Alant View Post
                  What about BBC childrens drama shows from the 70s: "KING CINDER" about a young speedway rider played by Peter Duncan and "BREAK IN THE SUN" a young girl (Nicola Cowper) who leaves London and goes on a barge to Dreamland Amusement Park at Margate.

Was there an ITV programme in the early 1970s called "PATHFINDERS" that was about a bomber squadron in World War 2 flying Lancasters?
                  I mention 'Break In The Sun' on page 2 of this thread.

I used to love 'Seaview'. If I remember correctly, Maggie Ollerenshaw (Wavy Mavis off of 'Open All Hours') played Yvette Fielding's mother. Can't remember the name of the glasses-wearing dark-haired kid who played her brother.

Another early-80s one-off six-part drama I enjoyed was about a woman who prepared and raced a customised Austin Metro, and the whole series revolved around this and the dramas that her family went through. If memory serves, it was called 'Driving Ambition' or something along those lines.
                  "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I liked Fantastic Max. I was a little old for cartoons by then but it was great, with his little pals FX and AB.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      That sounds Like Benji, Zax & The Alien Prince.
                      Thankyou so much! Been trying to remember what it was called for years but nobody could remember.

Comment

Originally posted by gareth2274 View Post
                        Thankyou so much! Been trying to remember what it was called for years but nobody could remember.
                        I mostly remember it because it was almost the only American programme on TV at the time not made on film, Jim Henson's shows excepted.

Pip & Jane Baker must have watched some of it because Watt On Earth seemed to borrow some elements.

Ie alien prince flees dictator to hide away on earth, is stalked by villans in black vehicle, wears bracelet to cope with change of atmosphere etc....

Comment

One show I failed to mention earlier was Waterfront Beat.

It's was a fair attempt by the BBC to make something like The Bill, but with longer episodes & ongoing plotlines.

I remember it ran for 2 series around 1990-1. One was shown mid-evening on Saturdays, & the other midweek, can't remember which way round.

Comment

waterfront was that one set in liverpool wrote by phil redmond(brookside etc..)

Comment

Originally posted by ericthecavalier View Post
                              The Enchanted Castle - remember being errr enchanted by this around 1980ish - haven't seen it since
                              Who Sir? Me Sir? - a CBBC from about 1985 all about a group of kids that wanted to participate in a pentathalon....main character was Whoomee - because he kept saying the title to teachers.
                              Children's Island - Robinson Crusoe with kids set in WW2 - they had the presidents son looking for them
                              I was in Who Sir Me Sir, in the background. I could be spotted in 3 episodes so I am would love to get hold of a copy of this series, just to show my kids.

Comment

The lad in Seaview was called George he had big curly hair, national health glasses and needed a good slap, no one seems to remember..

Charles in charge,
                                Chaichi from happy days was in it
                                Perfect strangers low budget sitcom on BBC2 and the gay foreign bloke from Beverly hills cop was in it
                                The Roxy was a TOTP rip off and on ITV 6.30 on a tuesday night
                                The groovey goolies with Dracula, Frankenstein etc and a band of skeletons in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X