• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vanhelsing
    replied
    Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Originally posted by branny View Post
    I see some lads that i've known since I was about 17 every couple of months for a beer and a catch up. We always cover the same subjects. Films, football, nostalgia. They are a couple of years younger than me and can't remember Hatty town, The Magic ball or Dynomutt, dog wonder.
    Hey!!! I DEF remember Dynomutt!! SHOULD BE REPEATED!!

Leave a comment:

• n3llyo
    replied

an american comedy programme from the `70s about a policeman who had a robot as his side kick seem to think it was called sherlock and holmes for some reason

Leave a comment:

• Nelvin Crump
    replied

Does anyone remember an imported (French/Belgian?) kids telly programme from the late 1960s called "Mystery of the Cave"? And while I'm about it, did anyone watch the morning showing of "Mr Piper" in the early 1970s. It was show one summer during the holidays and I was besotted with it!

Leave a comment:

• BlitzKid
    replied

Thought of a few more!

Tube Mice- This one was ace. The adventures of four mice who lived on the London Underground, two of who were voiced by George Cole and Dennis Waterman.

The Little Green Man- Cartoon series about a boy who's friends with a little green alien who is invisible to everyone except the boy. I think I still have a storybook somewhere based on this show.

Benjy- Not surprised that no-one remembers Benjy as it was THE most boring show ever, so boring that as a kid I always called it 'Boring Benjy'. I think it was BBC, it was a show about a dog called Benjy, the story was narrated by a woman and the whole thing was told in still-frame pictures, each story would be about a group of kids taking Benjy for a walk somewhere and... not much would happen. So boring it'd be worth watching for the sheer laughability of it boredom factor!

Three Seven Eleven- I'm gonna start a separate thread about this one when I've time as it was a surprisingly great show. Early 90s CITV series set in a primary school, conceived as a primary school equivalent of Grange Hill. Memorable mainly for its insanely catchy guitar-filled theme tune, but the plots were pretty damn good too, savagely underrated show.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by gareth2274 View Post
    I'm trying to remember the name of a show about a kid with a dog who had an alien friend that was a flying saucer with a head shaped like ET's. People remember the show but nodody remembers the name. Its driving me mad. Anyone know?
    That sounds Like Benji, Zax & The Alien Prince.

Leave a comment:

• hal9001
    replied

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post

Tomfoolery -a 1970`s hanna and barbera type cartoon that was just made out of silly little bits it was on sunday midmornings before `the big match` with brian moore
    Here you are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjkCFEv6HY

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Spot on David Whizziwig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E93hpls8S_w

Leave a comment:

• davidthomas27
    replied

Whizziwig? (Not sure about the spelling,but it was something like that, although I think there was an earlier show called WYSIWYG)

Leave a comment:

• gareth2274
    replied

I'm trying to remember the name of a show about a kid with a dog who had an alien friend that was a flying saucer with a head shaped like ET's. People remember the show but nodody remembers the name. Its driving me mad. Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Last sounds like The Georgian House ??

clips can be found on youtube

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Georgian_House

Leave a comment:

• n3llyo
    replied

the programmes i remember that leave people with blank faces as they have no recognition of them are

Tomfoolery -a 1970`s hanna and barbera type cartoon that was just made out of silly little bits it was on sunday midmornings before `the big match` with brian moore

another american cartoon but i cant remember ithis ones name but it about a group of kids who have a beach buggy and they drive it under something like a sun lamp and it shrinks them so they can go on adventures

a series that used to be on kids tv itv in the mid `70`s no idea what it was called ,for some reason i think it was on a friday evening, it was set in a guest house that was in the middle of nowhere bank robbers or something go there and take all the guests hostage to escape the police
    one bit that sticks in my mind is someone calling the police by tapping on the little black buttons that the hand set sat ( what are they called?) on rather then using the dial to be quiet

and another mid `70`s kids show think this one was called the georgian house it was a museum that reverted to the time the house was built and the people who lived in it im sure someone from the present time gets trapped in the past

Leave a comment:

• PETE 58
    replied

I used to love Space Patrol when i was a few yrs old.My favourite was Fireball XL5,and the robot used to say"Welcome Home Steve"

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

I can't actually remember much about the programme itself, other than it had 'gran' and her grandson and they were Postman Pat-like characters. I was probably too busy singing the theme tune to watch the show lol

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

I remember Gran, I think it was made by Ivor Wood productions, who made Postman Pat, The Herbs & some other stop motion animations.

The last time I remember it airing was in 1987-8 as part of the pre-school CBBC. My sister used to get my Mum to video Play School (& later Play bus/days) & whatever other programmes were in the strand. We often use to record the odd show 5 to 11 as well.

One of our favourite ones was when Gran held a tea party for a chimp, which became known in our house as the "Monkey Burp" episode. In the end I think my Mum made us record something over.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

How about Gran (think it was called), also in the pre-school lunch time slot. Theme tune used to go "Hello Gran how are you, how'd you feel today, I just popped by to see if I could be of help in any way, I always like to come and spend my time with you, you always seem to think of something great to do, you really are the most, I think that I can boast, you really are the most amazing gran" . Never remembered alongside favourites such as Bagpuss, Bod, The Flumps etc

Leave a comment:

Working...
X