Accidental recording on VHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidental recording on VHS

When VHS/V2000/Betamax came out everybody taped from the TV and some people religiously paused the tape to edit out Adverts on ITV. I would do it myself if I had wanted a pure recording. It seemed So 'the right thing to do' at the time but what a shame it was. those Ad breaks were a social commentary of the 80s and 90s. Local ads for local stores that may have gone by now, and those wonderful Woolies Christmas ads. So, Has anyone found any little gems among old VHS tapes that they may have transfered to DVD that may otherwise have been lost?

Question: Is this a genuine thread or just a statement? Please tell me

Re: Accidental recording on VHS

I've found plenty of old ads & trailers on tapes, normally I didn't bother to pause the tape.

Recently I rewatched a tape of episodes of Ally McBeal recorded in 1999, & some of the ads are very "of their time".
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/col2006ie#p/u

This guy has LOADS of ads from over the years, a good channel

Comment

I also never bothered to pause when chart taping, so have a lot of links from Radio 1 chart shows 1986-7.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

We'd usually pause the ad breaks, but there are several intact on some of our old tapes.
          Sometimes we used Videoplus to record our programmes, ad breaks were in full. That was way before we had a certain device that records and pauses shows whenever you wanted.

Comment

Working...
          X