Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

Originally posted by Jill85 View Post
    JAWS!!! When I hear that music i just wanna run and hide! I blame it for making me never want to go in any form of water! Except the bath and shower and pool! I'm even scared of rivers and lakes!
    You'd love Misterjaw and Jabberjaw then.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
      Alot of people mention Whistle and I'll come (I think it's called).
      Somebody else apart fro me who's heard of M.R. James. H.P. Lovecraft mentions him on an essay on horror fiction he wrote. As for V did you spot the pre-nightmare on Elm Street Robert Englund?
      WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

This topic's rather ironioc considering my username.
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

It wasn't actually a film but I HAD to stop what I was doing. A few years ago there was just me and the cat in the house for two weeks and I was up at midnight with the lights in my room off and listening to a band called Bal-sagoth (WWW.BAL-SAGOTH.COM) and writting a bit of DOOM/ALIENS style fantasy ficiton. It really freaked me out and made me totally paranoid.
          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I remember a hammer house of horror episode...well the only one i remember actually that really scared me...all i can remember of it was I think there was a boy with like metal braces and he was a copy of another boy or something...all i remember is a fight in a barn or hay being involved.

Comment

The episode 'The House That Bled To Death' from Hammer House of Horror really sticks in my mind. I watched it when staying with my grandparents. I was only about 7 or 8 and I convinced my Granda that my parents would let me watch it! It scared the life out of me!! I'll never forget it!!
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Seeing as we're on Hammer House of Horror. Anybody rmember the one where Vincent Price traps that couple in the cellar but ends up being trapped himself and the couple trapped in the house at the end and the one about the voodoo doll?
                WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

wow this is fantastic this one.
                  scared me first time i saw it way back in the eighties.

The new occupants of 42 Colman Road experience its gruesome past.

for 50 mins its amazing just how good these are.

here it is just for you.

http://youtu.be/4jTdimh1wBo
                  and its scary .
                  can see why it scared you.

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                  The episode 'The House That Bled To Death' from Hammer House of Horror really sticks in my mind. I watched it when staying with my grandparents. I was only about 7 or 8 and I convinced my Granda that my parents would let me watch it! It scared the life out of me!! I'll never forget it!!
                  Last edited by darren; 19-09-2012, 19:15.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i must say now that the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang still freaks me out now lol
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Salem's Lot without comparison!
                      An early scene with a disembodied hand in Blood From The Mummy's Tomb...actually all disembodied hands movies used to scare me.
                      Quiet As A Nun one of the Armchair Thriller episodes.
                      The end scene in The Man From The South (the first episode from Tales of the Unexpected) where the man from the title' wife shows her missing finger.
                      Barty's Party the episode from Beasts with the rats are scratching under the floorboards.
                      An episode of The New Avengers where there's a giant rat in it.
                      I remember being hysterical with terror seeing the phantom peeping through a keyhole in The Phantom of the Opera.
                      The bit in Asylum where the man chops his wife's body up in bits, wraps them in brown paper and dumps them in the freezer, then all the bits crawl around the place.
                      If anyone remembers the marvellous BBC adaptation of Dracula? Susan Penhaligon's performance as the vampiric Lucy was spine chilling and Louis Jourdan was a fantastic Dracula. I don't think I've seen any other actor to compare.

Comment

hey ann is asylum the film with robert powell.
                        he visits different rooms and people tell different stories of why they are there.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        well in that film there is a story with peter cushing who wants a suit made.

but its a very strange suit its luminous white and he gives very specific instructions he supplies the material.

and it can only be worked on after 12 midnight.
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                        Salem's Lot without comparison!
                        An early scene with a disembodied hand in Blood From The Mummy's Tomb...actually all disembodied hands movies used to scare me.
                        Quiet As A Nun one of the Armchair Thriller episodes.
                        The end scene in The Man From The South (the first episode from Tales of the Unexpected) where the man from the title' wife shows her missing finger.

Barty's Party the episode from Beasts with the rats are scratching under the floorboards.

An episode of The New Avengers where there's a giant rat in it.
                        I remember being hysterical with terror seeing the phantom peeping through a keyhole in The Phantom of the Opera.

The bit in Asylum where the man chops his wife's body up in bits, wraps them in brown paper and dumps them in the freezer, then all the bits crawl around the place.
                        If anyone remembers the marvellous BBC adaptation of Dracula? Susan Penhaligon's performance as the vampiric Lucy was spine chilling and Louis Jourdan was a fantastic Dracula. I don't think I've seen any other actor to compare.

Comment

Yup that's the one Darren

Comment

yes i agree with you on salems lot ann.

also certain parts of the first omen film.
                            one part is where gregory peck and the fella with him go to the old cemetery they open the grave and all the rotweilers appear.

a truly chilling scene ann.

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                            Yup that's the one Darren

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

yes i agree with you on salems lot ann.

also certain parts of the first omen film.
                              one part is where gregory peck and the fella with him go to the old cemetery they open the grave and all the rotweilers appear.

a truly chilling scene ann.
                              Yes, The Omen is one of those films that leave you unsettled. I saw a documentary about the making of it, there were a lot of unfortunate things that happened during filming. I forget the details now though.

Comment

I was uneasy with michael jacksons thriller video when it first came out for obvious reasons. it didn't completely scare me to the point where I couldn't watch it though.

I didn't like clash of the titans ( or was it Jason and the argonauts?) when he slices off medusas head and all that stuff oozes out the neck.
                                1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                                X