TV/Films That Scared You.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

A few have already mentioned my ultimate scarey movie from my childhood and that was David Soul in Salems Lot....there are at least 6 or 7 parts that me and my sister used to watch from behind the cushion plus 3 parts where we were behind the cushion with our fingers in our ears...the scratching of the window and the "let me in mark...he commands it".

Other ones that scared me were the scene of the fire in Mr Blunden and the song sung in sapphire and steel about walking up the stairs and seeing a man without a face..

and I still cant watch this bit in Bonnie Tylers Total eclipse of the heart where the choirboys have weird eyes and one flies towards the camera.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bright-eyes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	259849

Comment

Hey RetroAEROSMITH, I've just realised that the childrens' TV programme I referred to was "Look and Read", the story was called "The Boy from Space", and your avatar is a still from it.

It was supposed to be educational but it scared the bejesus out of me.

Comment

Just found a montage of clips from The Changes. It's even scarier than I remember. Not for those with a nervous disposition!

Comment

here is a link to the complete thing on my youtube page...the bit with the broken down car and the thin man used to terrify me...still gives me the shivers actually.

Comment

The boy from space had nothing on the knight from 'dark towers' in the terror stakes!
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post
              here is a link to the complete thing on my youtube page...the bit with the broken down car and the thin man used to terrify me...still gives me the shivers actually.
              That clip doesn't have either of them in it. Here's the Boy:

Here's the thin man:

Comment

One film that scared me was Salems Lot, especially when the boy vampire comes floating towards the window and starts scratching on the glass. I couldnt sleep with the lights out for yonks. ha ha

Comment

Aye I know the clip doesnt have either of them in it....thought you would have preferred to watch it from the start instead of trawling through youtube clips...some other bits you may have forgotten could have reignited some deep dark hole in your subconsious.

Comment

the second of the 3 window scenes, the first one is only available on the movie version where he is visited in hospital and the 3rd is when danny visits mark and the infamous "let me in".

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post
                      One film that scared me was Salems Lot, especially when the boy vampire comes floating towards the window and starts scratching on the glass. I couldnt sleep with the lights out for yonks. ha ha
                      Oh yeah, that one.

Also, Marley's Ghost and the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come in just about any version of A Christmas Carol, but the one that scared me was the Albert Finney 1970 version I think.

Comment

Thank you so much retro Aerosmith. I will now not sleep tonight. ha ha. Seriously though Thanks for posting this video.

Comment

Twin Peaks - Fire, Walk with me ... oh, and any of Kylie's videos

Comment

• Re: What character frightened you the most as a child? TV/Film

Originally posted by karenbrown18 View Post
                            Mine was definately the "Child Catcher" from Chiity Chitty Bang Bang! He still gives me the creeps now!

[ATTACH]762[/ATTACH]

Now he'd be likened to a social worker/paedophile.
                            WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Rather ironically, I remember wathcing my first Hammer Horror Film (a Frankenstein one) and hiding under the blankets when somebody gets therir brain taken out but in some works of my own fiction, this is rathetr tame compareddc to having people's brains torn out of their head while they're still alive (and that's befomre my own take of the chest bursting sequence in ALIEN).
                              WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by systemaddict View Post
                                Hammer House of Horror - The House That Dripped Blood. The scene at the children's party where the water pipes in the kitchen break, move, and spurt blood everywhere. Watching the scene again today still scared me.
                                Hey, I remember THAT sequence.
                                WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X