Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

Originally posted by baggieman0 View Post
    One other thing I forgot was the Test Card, for some reason I think I believed that the girl and the clown would come to life and do terrible things, so when I discovered Life on Mars and saw it happen to Sam I nearly jumped out of my skin!
    great post and welcome to the forum, you should get a job with the BBC
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Hope it's OK that I didn't read the whole thread. I've searched pertinant words and can't find a mention of this....so....

In the late seventies, there was a late night horror strand where they would show three shortish movies back to back. I will never, ever forget the one about a guy who brings back a doll, (Native American? Indian?) from one if his trips, as a gift for his wife. One night, the thing comes alive and goes for her! It was sooooo creepy!!

Does anyone know the title of this film?

Comment

Re: What character frightened you the most as a child? TV/Film

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        Zelda

:cry:
        LOL. There was a girl called Zelda in my class at school. More annoying than scarey though. Got no end of stick off her throughout secondary school because I had a Star wars ruler in the 1st year.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Just had a vague memory of another scary film. It was one of those creepshow type compilations and all i can remember is a woman lay at the bottom of the stairs and the silhouette of her young son walking down the stairs saying in his normal voice "Bobby hates you Mummy" and as he gets to the window at the bottom of the stairs cue lighning illuminating a scary blue demonic face.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
            Just had a vague memory of another scary film. It was one of those creepshow type compilations and all i can remember is a woman lay at the bottom of the stairs and the silhouette of her young son walking down the stairs saying in his normal voice "Bobby hates you Mummy" and as he gets to the window at the bottom of the stairs cue lighning illuminating a scary blue demonic face.

Could that be Dead of Night (1977) sequel to Trilogy of Terror Branny?
            Heather

Comment

That's the one. Might have to try and find the dvd. Here's Bobby.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ops/bobby1.jpg

Comment

That's the one. Might have to try and find the dvd. Here's Bobby.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ops/bobby1.jpg
                Looks very much like it could be the same

http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/1...94fDMem7sS.jpg
                Heather

Comment

Sent shivers down my spine just looking at the cover. It's on you tube but I found it that disturbing first time around I can't bring myself to watch it and this is someone who watched the Exorcist at 13 and wasn't scared.

Comment

I like a good horror film, but thats the thing theres a difference between scary and disturbing. I cant watch the Saw movies for instance as they make me feel really ill at ease but Freddy and the likes I can quite easily curl up and watch.
                    Heather

Comment

You are right. Thinking back The Exorcist was disturbing. That final scene in Bobby was just emblazoned on my mind and yes terror is probably the word I should be using. Just been reading posts about it on IMDB and it seems i'm not alone.

The only other thing that gave me nightmares was The abominable Dr Phibes. My dad always thought it was the part where he was unmasked but it was the Nurse having her face eaten by locusts after she'd taken sleeping tablets. What made it worse was there were people guarding the room at the time. I think i'd have been about 8 or 9 when i watched it and as things like Dracula and Frankenstein hadn't bothered me, they figured that this wouldn't. The following year I watched Salems lot. Again Mr Barlow was just one of those scary faces that i couldn't get out of my head. It didn't help having a window that rattled when it was windy. Salems lot is one of my favourites now though.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                        Could that be Dead of Night (1977) sequel to Trilogy of Terror Branny?
                        Thank you! I watched Trilogy of Terror on YouTube a couple of nights ago convinced that this was one of the stories and was disappointed to find it wasn't. I was only thinking this morning I'll have to start a thread asking if anyone remembers which film it was.

I love this site

Comment

Here we go YouTube - Dead of Night - "Bobby" part 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                            Great link, not sure I'm brave enough to watch it though lol. Maybe later when the kids are in bed.....
                            Heather

Comment

Re: TV/Films that scared you.

Originally posted by cowhorn View Post
                              Child catcher for sure, infact i am now 43 and he still worries me a bit! lol

Diana dors playing a witch in an episode of ITV Thriller in the mid 70's fightened me half to death! so too did the murdering mannaquins in Jon Pertwee's Dr Who

I never have been easily scared, but the Diana Dors one certainly gave me the chills.

I nearly hit the cinema ceiling when the bodypart fell out of the hole in the boat in Jaws & when Jason sprang out of the water at the end of Friday the 13th.

Loved 'It' & The Omen. Didn't scare me though.

Ghost Watch was genius. Realised it was a drama way before the end & thought it was really well done.
                              sigpic

Comment

Salem's Lot.....now that was a laxative! Can't believe the bbc showed that just after teatime midweek....what were they thinking??!!

Comment

Working...
                                X