70s kids lunchtime singalong programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70s kids lunchtime singalong programme

Hi there, can anyone help me by remembering a lunchtime programme that was in the early 70s. Basically there was a bloke playing a guitar and a woman sat next to him and they'd both sing a nursery rhymme or kids song. Sometimes they'd have a picture of what was happening in the song that had been sent in by the kid requesting it. I may be wrong but I have this image that it was Helen Worth who now plays Gail Platt in coronation street that was the woman singing but like I say I may be wrong on that one as I ca't find anything on the web. Thanks

Re: 70s kids lunchtime singalong programme

Sounds like A Handful of Songs to me. http://www.thechestnut.com/handful.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
      Sounds like A Handful of Songs to me. http://www.thechestnut.com/handful.htm
      Good arrow. just youtubed it and still remember the theme song. Now I've got to try and explain to the Mrs why I was googling Gail Platt

Comment

Originally posted by wil View Post
        sounds like a handful of songs to me. http://www.thechestnut.com/handful.htm
        somebody buy this guy a pint of lager!!! Much respect!! I remember this but couldn't remember the name!!
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I remember this well...I used to love when they'd sing 'A mouse lived in a windmill'.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
            I remember this well...I used to love when they'd sing 'A mouse lived in a windmill'.
            I loved that song when I was little too.
            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by camm1968 View Post
              Good arrow. just youtubed it and still remember the theme song. Now I've got to try and explain to the Mrs why I was googling Gail Platt
              I know why you're thinking of Gail Platt - one of the female presenters was Kathy Jones, who briefly acted in Coronation Street during the late-70s as Gail's best mate! (Dunno her character name, sorry).

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
                somebody buy this guy a pint of lager!!! Much respect!! I remember this but couldn't remember the name!!
                Such was my misspent youth, going home for lunch every day as school was so close. You wouldn't believe how many episodes of the The Sullivans I watched

Comment

Working...
                X