Boys and Girls come out to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys and Girls come out to play

Does anybody know anything about a TV prog probably mid to late 70's where children's voices sang 'Boys and Girls come out to play'. It was unnerving as a kid watching it. It could have been a Play for Today or Menace??

Re: Boys and Girls come out to play

taken from Wiki

Girls and Boys Come Out To Play is featured in the television series The Prisoner in the episodes 'The Girl Who Was Death' and 'Once Upon a Time'. It also plays part of the storyline in A Tale of A Vampire
    Heather

Comment

It wasn't The Prisoner but i will look into A Tale of A Vampire, Thanks Huggie!!

Comment

Just found it Huggie. It was a BBC2 series called Menace as i vaguely suspected and the last episode was called Boys and Girls come out to play aired in 1973. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
          'Boys and Girls come out to play'.

'On the busy motorway'

(This was on the OIL episode of The Young Ones).
          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I remember this being very eerie! I seem to remember the small girl taking some drugs that she found somewhere?

Comment

Ms

Could it have been Dramarama? That tune always gives me the creeps ever since watching that! The story was about a girl who was possessed by her imaginary friend who kept making her do bad things - getting rid of her involved a battle of wills where the girl had to write her own name on a blackboard. I can't remember the name of the episode offhand.

Comment

I remember it. It popped into my head again today and I thought I'd look for it on YouTube but it's not there. I was a teenager on holiday in the Lake District and we watched it on the B&B's tv in the evening. I found it quite chilling. I don't know what I'd think of it now but I'd like to see it again.

Comment

Sadly, many episodes of Menace were not kept by the BBC and are currently missing, presumed lost forever. 21 episodes are gone, including Boys and Girls Come Out to Play.

https://www.tvbrain.info/tv-archive?...&type=lostshow

Comment

The tune does sound like that BBC Schools series Zig Zag.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X