80's Space themed board game?? Any idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Space themed board game?? Any idea

I'm looking for the name of a board game I had in the 80's, hope someone can help please.
    Ok it was a space themed game with a very large board that opened out, on it was space... stars and planets I think u landed on. Anyway it was a really good game but the thing that sticks in my mind were the playing pieces. They were plastic round grey pegs (like upside down golf tees) but a little bit larger. On these u had to put coloured rings/hoops on.
    Unfortunately that's all I can remember!.... Hope someone can recall and thanks for perusing x
    Last edited by awalkdownmemorylane; 15-04-2011, 23:57.

Re: 80's Space themed board game?? Any idea

I forgot to mention that the planets were coloured too (same as the rings) x

Comment

I was just going to suggest Spacetrax http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67699/spacetrax due to the golf tee description but reading your post again I now have serious doubts
      Heather

Comment

Sounds a bit like The Game Of Knowledge, which used the planets for certain question catagories.

When an end of round question was answered correctly a colour-coded ring was slotted onto the playing piece.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That looks very promising Richard http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...e-of-knowledge
          Heather

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks ;-)
            I've had a butchers at both links. It's deffo not that spacetrax but the game of knowledge has the exact pieces I was on about but it was a space board (all black with hundreds of stars on and large coloured planets). Did the game of knowledge brand do other themed games?.... Such as a space one?!
            Hmm got me a starting point tho never the less x

Comment

Yup thanks a mill Richard I've found it!! IQ 2000 Game Of Knowledge 1984, I would have been 6.. oh the memories! Just gotta find one now :-)
              Thanks once again guys x

Comment

That's alright!

My parents still have our GOK, made by MB Games.

One problem I remember with it was the lack of general knowledge questions, so the same ones kept coming round if you played it a lot.

Also some questions had dated along the way as well.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                X