Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Christmas at primary school

Default Re: Christmas at primary school

I too would love just once to have a white Christmas!! Having said that having it in summer means you can enjoy great things over Chrissie like play cricket in the backyard and dive into the pool to catch the ball.. ride a wave or two at our great beaches, eat cold cuts and seafood instead of traditional hot fare as in colder climates.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald the Great View Post
    I too would love just once to have a white Christmas!! Having said that having it in summer means you can enjoy great things over Chrissie like play cricket in the backyard and dive into the pool to catch the ball.. ride a wave or two at our great beaches, eat cold cuts and seafood instead of traditional hot fare as in colder climates.
    I think that we have already had one this year.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

I remember Gabriella Cilmi saying in an interview wintery Christmases seemed strange after growing up in Australia with family barbecues.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Christmas at infant/primary school was magical. In the build up we'd all make decorations to decorate the hall, we'd have the xmas card postbox where kids would post cards to other kids, we'd sing carols in assembly and you could feel the magic of christmas in the air.
    Then we'd have the christmas party, where you could buy toys and things (I remember buying a 12" Cylon figure from Battlestar Galactica there) and there would be a jumble sale I think. One of the classrooms would be turned into Santa's Grotto where you'd queue up to see santa and he'd have a pink and blue barrel full of sawdust and cheap toys wrapped in tissue paper, where you'd get to "lucky dip" after talking to him.

Living somewhere now where Christmas is in the middle of summer I miss the magic of my childhood xmas.

Here, here we had all this too Mulletino braw - upto about 10 years old is the greatest time to experience Xmas as a Kid/or of any age I think. After Primary at Secondary it was never ever the same in how you describe and mention above mate

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I remember Gabriella Cilmi saying in an interview wintery Christmases seemed strange after growing up in Australia with family barbecues.
    All these Christmas songs associating Christmas with snow and winter (because of the Northern Hemisphere, and of course Christmas strongly celebrated in North America and Europe), probably does seem misleading to those in the Southern Hemisphere, such as people in Australia and New Zealand. It's interesting when Australian soap operas have Christmas episodes for example.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

I remember Neighbours having some weird Christmas episodes over the years, normally shown here in the wrong season.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Remember lots mentioned here, one I not seen though is Anyone else's school used to let kids paint the windows? the teacher would draw some festive scene and we'd all colour it in
    Last edited by cbenee; 19-12-2017 at 11:16. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by cbenee View Post
    Remember lots mentioned here, one I not seen though is Anyone else's school used to let kids paint the windows? the teacher would draw some festive scene and we'd all colour it in
    We did this at our Infant school we'd take it in turns to paint a section.

Quote Originally Posted by cbenee View Post
    I remember that a classroom window had self-portraits on the windows when I started there.

I remember being an angel in the nativity play at my primary school, i had on a white robe and a gold halo, i was barefoot and stood on a tier of steps, quite painful really as the steps had patterns on which dug into my barefeet! I enjoyed the after-party though.