Mistakes in Films-Chronological or Otherwise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes in Films-Chronological or Otherwise

In the film 'Son of Rambow', which is set in the early eighties, the song 'Peek-a-boo' by Siouxie & The Banshees is played at a school disco. I remembered taping this song from the top 40 on Radio 1 in the late eighties, I still have the tape I think, and according to Wikipedia the song was never actually released until 1988.
    Obviously, the film isn't a true story and therefore I appreciate that not everything in it has to be entirely accurate (and even films based on real events don't always portray everything exactly how it happened anyway) but has anybody ever noticed any similar mistakes in films?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Re: Mistakes in Films-Chronological or Otherwise

Baz Luhrman films, need I say more?

Comment

Krakatoa: East of Java (1968) Krakatoa was actually west of Java.

Comment

huh nice well share some more.....!!!!

Comment

In American Psycho there is a clip of a speech by Ronald Reagan from early 1987, but earlier in the film there are a few songs played from later in 1987 & 1988.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Not a film, but in Life on Mars (TV show) which is set in the mid 70's you can clearly see sattelite dishes on some houses during long shots of the streets. Good show though...

Comment

I often keep an eye out for satillite dishes in things set before 1989 (& 1998 for the digital ones).

Life On Mars also had a lot of lamposts in shot that probably weren't installed until the 1990s.

Comment

in star wars ep 4 obi wan says to luke your father wanted you to have this when you where old enough but your uncle wouldnt allow it
                he was referring to a lightsaber.

i never heard lukes dad say that to obi wan in the prequel trilogy sure anakin was evil going into the suit the very same time padme was giving birth.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another is anakin was told by padme he was going to be a father yet in ep 5 he didnt know he had offspring the emperor had to say search your feellings u will know it to be true.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

In The First On The Buses Film,In the scene where Blakey nearly catches Jack in the turn round Betty's house, Blakey tells them to get moving as they are late. At first they both go through the passenger door of the bus at the back before Stan goes round the front to drive, but the bus drives off too soon for Stan to walk to the front, climb in the cab, start the engine and drive off.

In Carry On Abroad,When Kenneth Williams is speaking to the other holidaymakers on the terrace, it begins to rain. All of them run inside except Charles Hawtrey, who is lying on his inflatable lilo. At this point, black tarmac is visible along with what is supposed to be a beach.

In Confessions of a Pop Perfomer,Zombie puts the ladder in back of the van when Fanny's mother arrives, but when Tim, Sid and Nutter get in the back of the van, seconds later the ladder is not in there.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

In "Beverly Hills Cop" there's a scene where the Eddie Murphy character confronts the film's bad guy and throws one of the latter's goons over a table. You could clearly see that its a stuntman who doesn't even look anything like Eddie Murphy (he actually looks like Richard Pryor).

Comment

In The Film Titanic,A small one & probably only noticed by dog trainers like me. When the dogs are being brought on board, they are on leather leashes made by J&J Dog Supplies, invented in the 1970s. It is the type of leash preferred by professional trainers, who probably supplied the dogs for the movie, and is distinguished by the "braid" near the snap, rather than by a sewn or riveted section.
                      In Jaws 4,When the shark is attacking someone under the water you can see a hole in the shark and divers fins showing that it's a puppet.

In Confessions of a driving instructor,In the opening scene, when the green triumph herald is been shaking to bits by Tim and Miss Adez's lovemaking, several bits of trim fall off the car and are then back on it again between shots.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

In Witchfinder General, just after the first hanging scene, when the camera zooms in towards Hopkins and Stern, you can clearly see a telegraph pole behind the Witchfinder complete with cables! It's far more obvious in the Blu-ray than the DVD.

Still an absolutely brilliant movie though!

Comment

A classic booboo has to be in the 1970 film The Railway Children (the classic line being the closing line "Daddy my daddy" cried out by Jenny Agutters character Bobby) In the Carlton remake she played the mother originally played by Dinah Sheldon. Anyway in the closing scenes Bobby Phyllis and Peter are walking along the railway bank & in the distance you can actually see passing traffic; yes really!! And this is supposed to be early 1900's
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Quadrophenia has a lot in the street scenes, it's interesting to see how much things changed between 1964 & 1979.

My Dad often mentions the nuclear power station you can see in Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines when Terry-Thomas lands on top of the train.

Comment

Rambo III

There is First Blood & Rambo: First Blood Part II but... no Rambo II!
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                              X