Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name of a children's 80s/90s TV Drama feat. fantasy world outside of house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of a children's 80s/90s TV Drama feat. fantasy world outside of house?

If anyone could help I'd be very grateful, I'm struggling to remember the name or much detail of a children's TV drama. It was either late 80s or early 90s.

The only things I can remember were some children trapped inside a regular contemporary house (or it would have been then) but magically the exterior of their house was suddenly a different world - a bleak moor-like landscape if I can remember correctly. I distinctly remember one of the children looking through the letterbox in their front door and seeing this unusual landscape and not their regular street.

I also think there was a villainous character on horseback that was stalking them from this other world/alternate dimension. Was pretty scary stuff.

Many thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Re: Name of a children's 80s/90s TV Drama feat. fantasy world outside of house?

no idea, but gonna hazard a guess at

Eerie Indiana

Comment

A long shot but is it Escape into night?
      They made a film in the late 80's based on the 70's series called paperhouse.

Comment

is this it Out of This World?

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but none were what I'm thinking of unfortunately...

Was set in the UK and was either very late 80s or early to mid 90s. Was also a drama not a comedy. Around the same era as Moondial and The Tomorrow People if my memory serves semi-correctly.

Comment

Tom's Midnight Garden?
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              Tom's Midnight Garden?
              Afraid not. :cry:

Comment

Joined the forum just so I could answer this question. Are you talking about Elidor, the BBC adaptation of the book by Alan Garner?

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	260501

Comment

Yes! Thank you so much Willhell! Elidor was the programme I was thinking of! So grateful that you joined the forum just to answer!

I've found a few episodes that have been uplaoded to YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/echomemory/videos

Was a very good show, often scary - might have to read the book now!

Thanks!

Comment

Well done willhell . Welcome on board
                    Heather

Comment

Willhell. Thank you so much. I found your answer after chucking random phrases about scary doors in the early 90's into google for the best part of an hour. Brilliant work.

I have now joined aswell to hopefully find details on a forgotten kids tv pogramme

Comment

Working...
                      X