My Shopping basket INSPIRED by FOOD POSTS on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Shopping basket INSPIRED by FOOD POSTS on here

Hi, I have just spent over an hour perusing all the aisles in Asda.
    And decided to buy some of the products mentioned on this site.
    My basket contains:

Lemon Puff biscuits by Maliban
    Vesta Beef Curry - they had Chow Mein Noodle one but out of stock on the paella - I didn't get the noodles 'cos it says cook in a chip pan, which I dont have.
    Heinz Ravioli
    Princes Tin of Rhubarb
    Scampi

I am currently munching through a packet of Pork Scratchings- and the health warning on the back is quite weird - only recommended for people with strong healthy teeth !!
    Did see tins of rice pudding, macaroni, semolina, but no Sago. Also Carmelle - mum used to make this. And saw Lyle's Golden Syrup and Black Treacle- remember we had empty tins with screws in these.
    Also saw packets of raisins and currants - thought they were the same- but NO!

I also bought some pure Beetroot, and pure carrot juice......
    Cost a fair bit ....and my salt levels will soar. But it is a one off !!

let me know what you think, and if you are looking for anything in particular so I can check if stocked on my next visit.

Re: My Shopping basket INSPIRED by FOOD POSTS on here

OOPS forgot to mention my Dandelion and Burdock bottle by Fentimans - says - fermented botanical D&B.....botanically brewed ??

Comment

I've bought some things after they have been mentioned on here, or at least looked.

Sweet tinned macaroni is something I've not managed to find.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Hi Richard, Ambrosia macaroni (Like the Rice pudding and semolina) was in Asda....so you can still get this

Comment

I havent tried spam for donkeys years I have spotted tins in Morrisons,might pick up one to try

Comment

Originally posted by DSCOMAN View Post
            Hi Richard, Ambrosia macaroni (Like the Rice pudding and semolina) was in Asda....so you can still get this
            I've not noticed it at my local Asda in the tinned puddings, but I'll check next time.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yeah look to Ambrosia for the macaroni. I buy it all the time as I like it better than the rice. It has a red label. Lovely warmed up on cold winter nights!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
              X