Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What would it cost today........

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,655

    Default What would it cost today........

    To see these two bands....Look at the price in 73 for a third row seat!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails images.jpg  
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,655

    Default Re: What would it cost today........

    Bumped.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,838

    Default Re: What would it cost today........

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    To see these two bands....Look at the price in 73 for a third row seat!
    That said .. I do recall buying fish and chips and having change from two shillings ( 10p) !!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,655

    Default Re: What would it cost today........

    To see Queen today (if Freddie was still with us) would cost about 60-80, i saw loads of bands in the 70s and probably didn't pay more than 3 for a ticket to see any of them. i used to save the ticket stubs but foolishly sold them all to a collector for about a fiver around 20 years ago.
    I saw many of the top bands when they were in there prime including AC/DC, Rush, Sabbath, Lizzy, Priest, and indeed Queen.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,838

    Default Re: What would it cost today........

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    To see Queen today (if Freddie was still with us) would cost about 60-80, i saw loads of bands in the 70s and probably didn't pay more than 3 for a ticket to see any of them. i used to save the ticket stubs but foolishly sold them all to a collector for about a fiver around 20 years ago.
    I saw many of the top bands when they were in there prime including AC/DC, Rush, Sabbath, Lizzy, Priest, and indeed Queen.
    Surely more than that ??

    We paid 75 each to watch Stevie Wonder then 80 each to see Barry Manilow ... that was about 10 years ago


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,655

    Default Re: What would it cost today........

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Surely more than that ??

    We paid 75 each to watch Stevie Wonder then 80 each to see Barry Manilow ... that was about 10 years ago


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Look at the prices on these 70s stubs...The first one is a little hard to read....T rex , 80p
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stub 4.jpg   stub 3.jpg   stub 2.jpg   stub 1.jpg  
    Last edited by tex; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:18.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,838

    Default Re: What would it cost today........

    Did you see any/all of those ??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,655

    Default Re: What would it cost today........

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Did you see any/all of those ??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Queen at Manchester appollo 1975....bohemian rhapsody was at number 1 at the time, the stubs above are not mine however, just wanted to show how ticket prices have increased completely out of proportion from 80p to 80
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    5,313

    Default Re: What would it cost today........

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Queen at Manchester appollo 1975....bohemian rhapsody was at number 1 at the time, the stubs above are not mine however, just wanted to show how ticket prices have increased completely out of proportion from 80p to 80
    That was very cheap even at the time, I presume they had signed up to appear months earlier.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Similar Threads

  1. What did you buy today
    By amethyst in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-03-2020, 18:42
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 08:05
  3. Has it really been 3 yrs today.wow
    By darren in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-06-2013, 17:42
  4. Cost of living today...
    By sf1378 in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-12-2011, 01:49
  5. Not Today !
    By foxy in forum Television
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-10-2006, 22:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •