Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spooks Biscuits

Originally posted by Daz
    Interesting that no brand name is shown, so they may have been just a Tescos product.
    .In fact, I don't recall seeing them anywhere else!

Mystery solved..not Macvities at all..Tescos own
    Yes must be a Tesco home brand which will probally make any empty packs or stickers harder to find I would imagine.

Comment

upload to a (free) photobucket account

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about size..but we've waited so long for that pic

Comment

the bigger the better
          Heather

Comment

Now its like i have a packet in front of me
            so chuffed to see these again, as the original post did not stir any memory of these at all.. it was only after a few hours the images came back to me..
            the best kind of post

Comment

I thought that I might have to have a photobucket account, I'll have to give it a go.

How long have you been waiting to get a Spooks biscuit ad or picture? Its fantastic when you manage to come across something special. I wonder if there were any ads in women's magazines for Spooks or magazines like The Observer etc?

Comment

The comics (especially the funnies) always had sweet/toy ads, not so much in the more serious 2000 ad types, but my comic collection so far only goes back to 70's in the Marvel dept. All the UK funnies are late 79-80's onwards

I keep trying to find thes old mid 70's IPC/Fleetwoods, but to no avail.

No point collecting DC Thomson or whoever ran Beezer.Topper,Etc..
                they had no ads.
                All the ad are in the lower end of the chain (Whizzer,Jackpot,Cor!,Shiver 'n Shake, Monster Fun,etc)

Comment

Ebay always has plenty of the Fleetway comics, but you could buy a load of them and not find many decent ads in them. I got these Whizzer and Chips hoping to find some more ads for Horror Bags, still looking for any that I don't have on my blog.

Are there any other particular ads you are looking for?

Comment

Yes, anything Lyons Maid, Walls,Trebor and sweet related
                    (thats not already been posted of course)

Comment

I emailed Jacobs, and they finally got back to me saying they had no records of the biscuits and had checked both main factories so they didn't think they produced them. I'll email Tescos now. I'm a woman on a mission!!

Comment

Many thanks for the info so far- I remembered these biscuits but not their name. In answer to the earlier post, I don't recall the Lilac Loonie sticker being any hard to get than the others, I'm pretty sure I had a full set

I'm puzzled by the comment that these were a Tesco product. We lived in a village in the Yorkshire Dales, miles from the nearest Tesco (in Harrogate). I remember my mum buying these, I assumed from the local bakery, but I might be wrong.

Comment

I think Tesco stocked them amongst many others, the advert did not say exclusive to Tesco or Tesco own, I just think Tesco did a campaign for them, but thats just what I assume
                          Heather

Comment

Been after the name of these for years..I can remember my nan buying them (for me) at Woolworths.

Comment

I remember these, my dad used to get them from a local small supermarket in York called Frank Dees...its was a magical all the brightly coloured biscuits and we always argued over the sticker...ahhh happy days.

Terrier

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier View Post
                                I remember these, my dad used to get them from a local small supermarket in York called Frank Dees...
                                We used to have a Frank Dees supermarket here in Durham, my first memories of supermarkets are shopping at Dees.They were nowhere near the size of today's supermarkets.
                                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                                X