Nescafe in a can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nescafe in a can

Not too sure when these came out but I'm thinking it was probably the 90's but can anyone remember the Nescafe coffee in a can which self heated ? And are they still available anywhere ? I think they used to be about £1.50 a can and came in either sugar or non sugar. But the actual gimmick of heating itself was great and it actually tasted nice !

Re: Nescafe in a can

I don't remember that but I do remember when Nescafe coffee powder came in a can and it was called 'Nescaff' then, spelt the same as now but pronounced nescaff!
    The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

I remember them there was a program with one in a week or 2 ago, it may have been this is england 86.

Comment

I remember them but the price was a bit steep for my liking.I remember my aunty had coffee bags.Never seen any since the 70's?
        sigpic

Comment

Do you remember Camp Coffee? It was liquid coffee concentrate with chicory added and it came in a bottle? I haven't seen it for years.
          The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

I can remember the Nescafe in the self heating can, it was around 2002 when it first came out...I never tried it (I seem to remember it was about £1.30 a can), but a few mates tried it, said it was ok, but only got "warm"...yuk!

Comment

Originally posted by Megawitch View Post
              Do you remember Camp Coffee? It was liquid coffee concentrate with chicory added and it came in a bottle? I haven't seen it for years.
              You can still get it, though my Mum reckoned it tasted strange because of the chicory.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember the Nescafe self heating coffee. Think it came out in 2002. I really liked it, but due to the self heating inside there was not enough coffee! I found it warm enough. Didn't they do iced coffee or frappe that came in a carton that you used to shake.? It's a shame the self heating ones don't make a comeback with an improved version where the can is bigger and coffee heat to be a bit warmer. I liked it! Maybe someone should start a Facebook campaign to bring it back! On the subject of coffee don't they still have Lyons coffee bags that you brew like tea? I took them abroad a few years ago.

Originally posted by steve242526 View Post
                Not too sure when these came out but I'm thinking it was probably the 90's but can anyone remember the Nescafe coffee in a can which self heated ? And are they still available anywhere ? I think they used to be about £1.50 a can and came in either sugar or non sugar. But the actual gimmick of heating itself was great and it actually tasted nice !
                Last edited by Beach Life; 12-01-2013, 12:28.

Comment

A guy on my apprenticeship course used to get these. No later than 2002.

Comment

You can buy self heating food and beverage cans from Amazon.

Comment

cant ever recall remember seeing self heating coffee.

i do remember nescafe coming in huge tins as we had one at work a few times.

must have held at least 20 bottles of nescafe it had a plastic lid and when you took it off there was a layer of gold foil same as you get with the bottles.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                      I remember the Nescafe self heating coffee. Think it came out in 2002. I really liked it, but due to the self heating inside there was not enough coffee! I found it warm enough. Didn't they do iced coffee or frappe that came in a carton that you used to shake.? It's a shame the self heating ones don't make a comeback with an improved version where the can is bigger and coffee heat to be a bit warmer. I liked it! Maybe someone should start a Facebook campaign to bring it back! On the subject of coffee don't they still have Lyons coffee bags that you brew like tea? I took them abroad a few years ago.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i sill have the tins off coffee at work lot cheaper than buying a bottle seams to go on for ever
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Where I work we have those tins of coffee as we get our coffee & tea supplied for free.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Had a couple of these cans of Coffee in the mid/ late 1990's? They were OK, but they were expensive. The technology behind them is nothing new, as I believe self heating food cans were used by the Armed Forces for quite a few years before this product was available to the general public. I think you can still get them.

If we have any more threats of snow, and you are travelling, it might be a good idea to buy a couple and keep them in the boot of your car? (You never know, could be a lifesaver?)

Comment

Working...
                            X