Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 90's clothes

Default 90's clothes

I'm trying to wrack my brain for 90's fashions and I'm actually having a bit of a struggle. Here's what I remember so far...

Around 1990, wearing huge pale blue baggy jeans with wallaby shoes (suede, came in all different colours). These jeans were ridiculously baggy from waist to ankle, and people bought a size too big just to be on the safe side. I think Clarkes made the proper wallaby shoes but there were plenty of knock off versions at the time.

Coloured jeans had a bit of a look in at this point too. Red was particularly popular.

1993ish and it was all about Dr Martens and long skirts with little flowers on them.

1997ish wearing trainers with EVERYTHING. Having a pair of ferry-boat sized Nike Air Max poking out from below your smart black trousers was a must

Can anybody help me to fill the gaps?
    1976 Vintage

Default Re: 90's clothes

I remember Joe Bloggs making jeans many different colours about 1990 - 2, along with their range of t-shirts.
    The Trickster On The Roof

The brand 'naffnaff' was very popular in the mid 90's. Again loads of fakes about. The mid 90's saw the rise of 'Champion' sports wear. Especially the jumpers. I also remember kids wearing 'Spliffy' jeans. They were really horrible imo. Im sure some more will come to my mind later. I'll post them if they do!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Juice was another brand that was popular for a short while. People had sweaters with 'juice' written in different coloured letters.

At school we all wore big Pepe shirts (tucked in then pulled out again a little bit to look baggy).

Pods were big too. Amongst the girls there was a certain pod boot that most of us had. It had a stitched front like a moccassin and bits of rope threaded through the sides and of course one red and one green sole. They cost a fortune but I loved mine!
    1976 Vintage

I was watching a bit of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and it's one of them shows that really sums up 90's fashion for me. Will Smith's various hats, jeans and t-shirts are just a sight to behold, in a way I really miss some of that crazy clothing. Anyone remember those shirts that would change colour over time, I remember them being pretty big during the early 90's, they came in some really loud colours.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
    The brand 'naffnaff' was very popular in the mid 90's. Again loads of fakes about. The mid 90's saw the rise of 'Champion' sports wear. Especially the jumpers. I also remember kids wearing 'Spliffy' jeans. They were really horrible imo. Im sure some more will come to my mind later. I'll post them if they do!
    Donít you mean Naff Co 54 Naff Naff was a French designer label, different thing altogether.

Who remembers those black jeans with the large coloured patch that covered the top half of the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Don’t you mean Naff Co 54 Naff Naff was a French designer label, different thing altogether.

Who remembers those black jeans with the large coloured patch that covered the top half of the back?
    I'm with stuckinthe80s on this one. It's Naff Naff I remember people wearing. I've never heard of Naff Co 54.
    1976 Vintage

8. Default Re: 90's clothes

We called it Naf Naf too!

Shell suits with either Troop or BK trainers were early 90s. CAT boots were a major fashion item too. Waistcoats (more like sleeveless cardies) were prevailant too. Mid 90s seemed to be all checked shirts, inspired by Oasis. Cargo pants with thousands of pockets were also 90s I think.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Branny so many memories! I got a checked lumberjack shirt for christmas 1990 they were the in thing. I also got a hologram necklace that year along with everyone else, the one with the big eyeball!

I also remember waist coats being fashionable but actual waist coats with the black silky back and patterned front. We wore them at the disco, though I think this was around '88-'89.

Combat pants were one of THE fashion items of the 1990s. Got my first pair around 1994 in Oasis. At that point they were still quite tight and smart like normal dress trousers but with pockets on the legs. Later they became looser with an abundance of pockets and zips.
    1976 Vintage