Corduroy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corduroy

For some reason, a children's book title or character called Corduroy came into my head a couple of days ago - I looked it up online that it was an American's children's book written in the late 1960s about a Teddy Bear of that name, and the plot had comparisons with the late Shirley Hughes' Dogger. A girl buys a Teddy Bear and puts button eyes on it or something.

I vaguely remember it being told either on Flicks (the sub-Rainbow children's story series presented by Christopher Lilicrap) or Words and Pictures in the mid 1980s. The author died before I was born so that tells you how long ago it was written.

Anyone remember Corduroy?
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

I remember a Donovan song 'Little Boy In Corduroy', and the teddy bear rings a vague bell.

There used to be lots of corduroy clothing, even very wide banded stuff called 'wide wale' I think? I'm not sure if there's that much of it made anymore. I liked it.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I don't remember having any corduroy trousers after the early 1990s, but my Dad was still wearing them at least a decade later.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
      X