70's football boots/trainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's football boots/trainers

Hi everyone -just joined the group & thought i'd start my first post by asking if anyone has any images/websites of old football boots /trainers from the 70's.Trying to explain to my kids the ones we had (or tried to get parents to buy...)At secondry school I remember having Puma Pele Rio & Puma Martin Chivers.I can also remember having a pair of black/white Gola trainers-I recently found the orange Gola box full of Man from Uncle,The Monkees,Football cards etc...must be nearly 40yrs old!

Re: 70's football boots/trainers

i've got no pictures but i had a pair of gola football boots black with orange stripe moulded studs called gola aztec can even remember how much they cost 8 pound 80p 1978,also had a pair of gola trainers with the green stripe,there was a gola ad on the telly play to win with gola with peter shilton

Comment

The first branded pair of trainers I had were a black and white pair of Gola Aztec, which came in an orange box, this must have been around 1975-76. My brother had a pair of Mitre Memphis, also in black/white. I also remember Woolworths own branded football boots Winfields, which came in both moulded and screw-in studs, they even used to leave them out in pairs.

Comment

i wasnt much into footy but i remember have footy boots and going on the school play feilds when it was iced over and finding it hard work to walk in them as the studs wouldnt grip cause the ground was so hard and frozen
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

i remember the winfield boots but i was a pretty good footballer and you just couldn't wear them they were like wearing monkey boots instead of dm's they were off the scale uncool.a mate of mine got adidas beckenbauer screw in stud boots they were the business i was hugely jealous at the time.one final thing i remember blobs but not the toffee apple blobs what colour were they?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16JHJGoE9nuQeWejBRD92m1bd!~~60_58.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	260224

(ok, so its 1984. but close enough)

Comment

I think we just had plain ones at School - possibly Gola!

I never really liked playing Footy at School - more following it, but sure would loved to have worn/flaunted/showboated some of today's amazing Colour boots that just stand out so well!

80sChav

Comment

Patrick had some Kevin Keegan endorsed boots.

According to his autobiography they sent him a free pair which weren't very good, & he returned them with a letter suggesting how they could improve them.

They took note of his recommendations & kept supplying them, this caused problems when he went to Hamburg as they had a deal with Adidas for their kit, including boots.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

footy boots were great in the day...not the garish colored monstrosities we have to see nowadays (....old guy moans).

Gola always had black with white stripes, then brought out orange and green stripes versions.
                  Adidas black boots with white stripes, then they brought out a sort of fluorescent green striped version - I had these (cough cough)
                  Patrick, mitre,puma that reminds me I want to do and a-z of footy boots manufacturers (!)

And yes the 'Woolies Wonders' were as uncool as the 'tesco tearaways', or the black 'borstal pumps' whitewall66

and don't forget the Alan Ball white Hummel boots, and the red version too....

Comment

Originally posted by DSCOMAN View Post
                    footy boots were great in the day...not the garish colored monstrosities we have to see nowadays (....old guy moans).

Gola always had black with white stripes, then brought out orange and green stripes versions.
                    Adidas black boots with white stripes, then they brought out a sort of fluorescent green striped version - I had these (cough cough)
                    Patrick, mitre,puma that reminds me I want to do and a-z of footy boots manufacturers (!)

And yes the 'Woolies Wonders' were as uncool as the 'tesco tearaways', or the black 'borstal pumps' whitewall66

and don't forget the Alan Ball white Hummel boots, and the red version too....
                    Possibly Discman - though I'm unsure as I quite like the garish colours (well more so than before) anyway! All I can recall from the 1970s to the middle of the 80s playing footy was awful Boots that just looked torrid and had little style and gave no confidence/inspiration in the main to play footy in them/wear them- though some was ok ...... but not that much until the Predatar day's anyway I feel/think

Comment

We just wore generic 'pumps' in the early 70s - unbranded and usually from 'the market'. A few 'posh' kids had Dunlop ones, but that's as far as it went to my recollection.

Comment

Originally posted by teepee View Post
                        we just wore generic 'pumps' in the early 70s - unbranded and usually from 'the market'. A few 'posh' kids had dunlop ones, but that's as far as it went to my recollection.
                        Me too and especially at primary School and footy Boots for Secondary!!

Now I hear at secondary unless your Footy Boots aren't worth £100 or more your not worth knowing etc/and are dissed!! Though I'd have loved to of worn some garish Colour/s like they have today they'd have not been allowed!!

Comment

Comment

Pretty sure I had those footy boots on the right!

Comment

Working...
                            X