Heather

Comment

Re: Hair styles you've had???

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        The hair style or just hair in general? LOL
        Hi Huggie, hair in general

Comment

In the late 80's I had a flat top. The barbour would use a special comb called a flattop that had sprit level bubble in it. The trouble was that having fine hair meant it lost its style in the matter of weeks. It's grade two all over these days.

Comment

I've been to 1 or 2 barbers with a flat top comb, but don't remember a spirit level on it.

I used to go to one who used to trim the back of my neck by putting a comb over it & dragging a cut-throat razor over the top, which was a but scary to see in the mirror!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Im a hairdersser and I trained in the late 80's and there was a flat top comb that was a cream colour an it had a spirit level bubble in the top to get things nice and square. When I was in my mid tens I had a flat top and the lad who did my hair then used one of those. They were simply called a 'Flattopper' as shown below.
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Oh I've had one of those used on me many times!

I had long hair for most of the 70s, then shortened a bit when punk arrived and then slicked back for the disco era. I had a jet black (dyed) mullet until The Smiths came along and saved me looking like a complete dick.

It's been variations on the same theme ever since, though I've had it shaved down to a number 2 a few times. I've still got all my hair at 47, so now I'm just grateful to have a choice of how I wear it.
                By 'eck, there's greased lightning about that lad!

Comment

The first haircut i got was a short cropped one called a skinhead.I did want a crewcut,but couldn't afford one,so ended up at my mates mums.all she could do was shave the lot off.We were giggling like infants at the age of 11,because we felt naughty with our new short haircuts,as we knew our mums would freeze and gasp with shock! We really believed that a skinhead was a brand new hairstyle for children into punk,because everyone at school said so.I got it done a few times after that,then just had normal hair for a few years until i left school.After school,i started putting stuff in my hair and spiking it up like everyone else who was into punk.That bored me after a while,and i just had normal hair after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    I've been to 1 or 2 barbers with a flat top comb, but don't remember a spirit level on it.

I used to go to one who used to trim the back of my neck by putting a comb over it & dragging a cut-throat razor over the top, which was a but scary to see in the mirror!
                    That would have freaked me out.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                      Im a hairdersser and I trained in the late 80's and there was a flat top comb that was a cream colour an it had a spirit level bubble in the top to get things nice and square. When I was in my mid tens I had a flat top and the lad who did my hair then used one of those. They were simply called a 'Flattopper' as shown below.
                      That’s exactly the one I was trying to describe, thanks.

Comment

This is me when I was 10 years old! I hated my hair! It was horrid! I asked the hairdresser for big curls, so I felt all girly and like a princess and this is what she did to me!! LOL This must have been taken in 1993 lol

Comment

So cute..
                          Wonderful stuff!
                          keep 'em coming people

Comment

Being blessed with thin, fine, poker straight hair, my life has been blighted by wanting certain styles but not being able to have them.

Up until the age of 11 I had a severe bob with a fringe which I hated. Then I tried to grow it long but as soon as it got to my shoulders it turned into pathetic rats tails so that was no good. I also grew out the fringe but it just fell in my eyes as it was too fine to hold or stay in any clips. When I tied it back it was like a paint brush and I looked like Olive Oyl.

In 1990 the world had a wet look perm, but I wasn't allowed. "You haven't got the right sort of hair!" cried my mam "plus they look horrible". I can thank her for it now, but at the time I was the only girl in the school with cr*p straight hair.

At uni I cut it short when I was going through my trying to look like Natalie Imbruglia phase.

Since then it has fluctuated between pixie cut short and non-descript sort of long-ish every three or four years, but I still hate my hair!
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I have had my hair short most of my life although I have attempted to grow it long at times. It took forever to grow and it is very thick so it just went wider too. It is naturally poker straight so it was 'in' in the 60s. I once had a frizzy afro perm which was a mess.
                              Now I can't afford/be bothered to go to the hair dressers so I just leave it and tie it up, it's down to my waist now and still growing.
                              The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

All bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X