Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call the Fashion Police

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pantherpink
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    I always wanted to dress like Madonna when she first started. Trouble is, with a mop on top not disimilar to Leo Sayer a decade earlier, I never quite got the image right.
    I had all the plastic junk bracelets - hundreds of them right up to the elbows, with tatty bits of ribbon added for effect, and I even wore white lacey leggings under my tartan mini skirt (I know Madonna didn't wear tartan, but it's all I had at the time).... Then I would wrap half a rolled up net curtain in my hair and tie it in a big bow (with aforementioned barnet).... Add a Nik Kershaw snood and luminous fingerless gloves... et voila!
    Thank goodness by that time DeelyBoppers were out of fashion, else they would have been on my head instead of the old nets!

    Leave a comment:


  • NostalgiaFreak
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    To the people who think the clothes they wore were really bad. Did you think the same at the time and only wore them just because they were fashionable?

    There were a lot of clothes back in the day that I genuinley thought looked good at the time, and since my taste has always been pretty much the same, I still think a lot of them look good.

    Leave a comment:


  • bun
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    Since 80s and 90s clothing is now back in vogue, so to speak, I am no longer ashamed of my atire back then, I had the original stuff not the Top shop copy which costs 5 times as much!

    Still got some dungarees from the 80s, they come in handy when decorating
    I soooooo wish I had not of dumped all my Mickey Mouse Sweatshirts, Nike basketball trainers and floral baggy blouses though.

    Leave a comment:


  • nessie
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    oh fashion...well im still not the best!

    I had one shellsuit (we could only afford one. thank god for having no money!!!) It was light blue and purple. Never wore it at bonfire night cos that was an accident waiting to happen.

    Jeans for some reason around the 90s that were black with a red or green kind of pockets???

    Cycling shorts that gave me camel toe....

    Them body tops that had press stud button things near your cotch. Always rubbed me and impossible to fasten when drunk.

    Always wearing trainers with no socks which made my feet stink.

    Kind of crunching your school socks so they werent up but not like ankle socks??? Cant explain it really!

    Only having the thin part of your school tie at the front.

    Wearing demin shirt, jeans and jacket all at once.

    And i had a thing were i wore sleeveless waistcoats when ever i went on the ale cos i thought i had a big bum and covered it up. I was a size 8! Ah bless!

    Leave a comment:


  • ridski
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    I had a light purple hooded t-shirt with a print of the Mayan calendar on it. At the time I thought it was great. You could wear it to raves, rock concerts, anywhere. But recently I saw a photo of it me wearing it at Alton Towers and lord did I look stupid in it.

    Most of my fashion mistakes were made back when my mum was buying my clothes for me. Since then, I've always been delicately balanced between what's hip at the time and whatever doesn't make me look like a fat *******.

    Leave a comment:


  • milkyrain30
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    Originally posted by tulip View Post
    I had a whole matching thing going on.Cerise pink skirt,white shirt with cerise pink stripes,a cerise pink belt,either cerise or white tights and a pair of cerise pink high heeled peep toed sandals which i dragged my mother round Blackpool for!!Dunno how old I was,between 10 and 15 I think.In the early 90's I had a few odd coloured shirts a green t shirt and a psycadelic hooded top lol

    tulip
    i had one of those too !!!

    Leave a comment:


  • milkyrain30
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    [QUOTE=Danny;121290]
    Originally posted by milkyrain30 View Post
    dungarees (mine were bottle green with roses on )

    QUOTE]

    Hiya- I asume you are female?
    i am indeed

    Leave a comment:


  • Derekflint
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    Underpants with designs on.


    Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

    I had a pair with what I think was a stagecoach scene on (certainly cowboys were involved), and there was even a pair with a military theme - a map and a hand grenade. Went well with my space hero shorts actually with a ray gun printed on them. 'I have a gun!'
    'I'll take that.'
    'Don't worry, I have a hand grenade as well.'
    'Where?'
    'Erm...'

    Leave a comment:


  • tulip
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    I had a whole matching thing going on.Cerise pink skirt,white shirt with cerise pink stripes,a cerise pink belt,either cerise or white tights and a pair of cerise pink high heeled peep toed sandals which i dragged my mother round Blackpool for!!Dunno how old I was,between 10 and 15 I think.In the early 90's I had a few odd coloured shirts a green t shirt and a psycadelic hooded top lol

    tulip

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Re: my many fashion mistakes

    [QUOTE=milkyrain30;121066]dungarees (mine were bottle green with roses on )

    QUOTE]

    Hiya- I asume you are female?

    Leave a comment:


  • milkyrain30
    replied
    my many fashion mistakes

    include the god awful shellsuit - i had 3 of these (all from the market no less ) , 2 in purple and the other some weird peach colour.

    lyrca neon pink/green clothes (again from the market , i see there is a pattern emerging here)

    cycling shorts/culottes

    dungarees (mine were bottle green with roses on )

    can anyone think of any other bad fashions?

    Leave a comment:


  • sixtyten
    replied
    Re: Call the Fashion Police

    Could start a new fashion!

    Leave a comment:


  • karenbrown18
    replied
    Re: call the fashion police

    Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
    OMG how could you!!! Blue stripey socks and sandals, oh the shame:cry:.....
    Oh bless........
    Last edited by sixtyten; 07-04-2008, 22:30.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevef
    replied
    Re: call the fashion police

    Leave a comment:


  • Heather74
    replied
    Re: call the fashion police

    OMG how could you!!! Blue stripey socks and sandals, oh the shame
    Last edited by sixtyten; 07-04-2008, 22:29.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X