No announcement yet.

What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Blue leg warmers with matching fingerless gloves ARRRGGGHHH!

Comment

Narrow leather ties - I had two, one red one blue. Or pastel suits of which Don Johnson used to roll up the sleeves.
      Least favoutite & most pointless : legwarmers, shoulder pads ( why did women want to look like American footballers in the first place ?), fingerless gloves.
      Most uncomfortable : skintight stonewashed jeans.
      What a dreadful fashion parade the 70s&80s were. Great that commonsense has prevailed.

Comment

When did that happen?
        clothes today are just as bloody awful!
        look at those horrid hoop jumpers on every teenager or lad.
        those shapeless grey tracksuits, burberry caps, those shrunken jackets girls wear, the horrid 60's prints that are back in fashion for girls..
        can't see much common sense there

plus that gay footballers hair that boys have at the moment

Comment

The black and white prints are very 'in vogue' at the moment too - I remember my daughter Louise wore all black and white in the mid eighties'

She also nearly lived in a fishtail parka with a target on the back too - anyone remember them ??
          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Originally posted by joybee View Post
            The black and white prints are very 'in vogue' at the moment too - I remember my daughter Louise wore all black and white in the mid eighties'

She also nearly lived in a fishtail parka with a target on the back too - anyone remember them ??
            Yeah joybee,
            I've still got mine hanging up in the wardrobe,also I still wear Desert boots and my Levi's and Fred Perry T-Shirts.

Once a Mod always a Mod.......
            sigpic

Comment

I done the fingerless gloves and the legwarmers, and clubbing wore the dresses with the shoulderpads, anyone remember the scarves over one shoulder, new romantic or maybe that was the ninties, i had matching court shoes , beads and plastic button earings for every outfit, one of my favourites colours was electric blue, i also had a big fluffy jumper in that colour too. Remember the bananarama look with the bib n braces.

Comment

Being old like me means you aren't as conscious of youth fashions, of course whatever people go around in today won't meet with universal approval either.

Nice new av, Daz.

Comment

I had some Jeans with the Flintstones on the bottom of each leg. Well I was only about 10 Those hoodie Jumpers in really Crazy patterns, bermuba shorts were all the rage too.Who remembers Pedal pushers? Mine were a lovely deep red crushed velvet.
                  Heather

Comment

i had the ra ra skirts, and the florescent jackets, and of course i owned a shell suit at one time, i must hide them photos
                    sigpic

Comment

Can any Ladies/girls at the time remember "Culottes" I think they were called, awful wide legged short trousers, which were meant to look like a skirt.I hated them, they just did not suit me!
                      Heather

Comment

Did anyone else go though a Phase of wearing waistcoats, I had some lovely ones, fitted, and silky at the back, I had loads of different colours and thought I looked well smart.I also had a few that looked like you were wearing a shirt under, but infact the sleeves and collar were just sewn in.
                        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

Did anyone else go though a Phase of wearing waistcoats, I had some lovely ones, fitted, and silky at the back, I had loads of different colours and thought I looked well smart.I also had a few that looked like you were wearing a shirt under, but infact the sleeves and collar were just sewn in.

Yes, and mine was the best one in the school!

Why on Earth can I suddenly remember I payed exactly £3.50 from Flip for it? I really should start channelling my mind in different ways!
                          "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

i still remember them shellsuits, and people still wear them scarey
                            sigpic

Comment

Loved my ra-ra skirt, turquoizey blue, and white, wouldn`t be seen it in now, way too embarassing.

Comment

skinny jeans, up shoulder top and pumps
                                Last edited by sixtyten; 21-09-2007, 19:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X