No announcement yet.

What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

i was made to wear my uniform at school which looking back wasn't a bad idea. I even had a pair of John Player trainers nicked out of my p e bag and they cost about £6 from the local market in 1981. After school though my favourite stuff was mod gear. Winklepickers, petrol and wine 2 tones, blue fred perry with either Y cardigan or slazenger jumper or half collar shirt with Madness tie and fishtail parka.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
      petrol and wine 2 tones,...... and fishtail parka.
      ooh ooh ooh! yes yes.... petrol & wine 2-tones, can see 'em now

I was at comp 1977-82, at the time of the Mod 'revival' , Fishtail Parkas, Harringtons, ah takes me back
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Oh dear, I was a bit of a non-conformist Im afraid,tatty leather bikers jacket,oily jeans,Kiss t-shirt,scruffy biker boots and half a gallon of patcholey oil. A friend and I was suspended for not visiting the barbers as often as we should have and after lots of protests about sexual discrimination the head paid for us to have it cut,I gave in but my friend came out with a scruffy perm which cost about £20.
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Pixie boots. SNOODS!! I had a Parka that I used to wear alot. One day I zipped the hood right up (like Kenny from South Park), went to cross the road outside our house and you guessed it - got hit by a van!! PMSL!!
          I miss those frequent visits to A&E.......
          "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
          sigpic

Comment

oh my god, this brings back memories

the Bright terry towelling socks i must have had drawers full of them and they had to be worn odd that was so cooollll.......

Definately the ra ra skirts. Mine was blue and white stripes and spots.

Does anyone remember the hypo global colour changing t-shirt, they were wicked mine changed 3 colours. The only downfall people could see where you were sweating, but who cared when you were a kid that was the last thing you thought about.

I always seemed to be collecting and wearing sweat bands too with duran duran wrote on them and badges.

Comment

I remember the hypo global T-shirts very well got mine from C&A

Here are some shockers from 1982

Heather

Comment

I vividly remember having an Ivan Lendl Adidas Tee Shirt. Looked ace, especially with the acid washed, skin tight jeans and a pair of Samba.
                Quick... Run... Hide... Here comes Dave Stewart, walking up the drive, with that look in his eye!

Comment

Samba's, Mamba's, Bamba's, Forrest Hills, Okker's, Natase, Borg Elite etc, Lois straightee's Jean/Cord's, Slazenger and Pringle V neck, small collared shirt, polo's (Kappa, La Coste, Lyle and Scott, Fred Perry etc), Ski Jumpers, Peter Storm Cagoule, CP Company Mille Miglia jacket. I aim to own them all and much more!

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                    Pixie boots. SNOODS!! I had a Parka that I used to wear alot. One day I zipped the hood right up (like Kenny from South Park), went to cross the road outside our house and you guessed it - got hit by a van!! PMSL!!
                    I miss those frequent visits to A&E.......
                    Oh my god they killed Teejay. Those b*****ds.

Comment

• Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

petrol and wine two tone tonics. Wish you could still get em today and a brown leather flying jacket with "Moon over Miami" print on the back. Loved that jacket.

Some of the things i wore in the 80's - Adidas Samoa, Lendl Court, Puma Tiriac, Kickers, Energy jumbo cords, Second image and Dollar drainpipe jeans, aforementioned two tones (also in beige/navy and wine/black), some hideous checked jeans, ski jumper, Y cardigan, Atlanta falcons NFL (teabag) shirt, fred perry polo's, slazenger junpers, black jacket with paisley lining (for sleeves rolled up), many hideous printed shirts, DM mocassins, chino's, blazer, 501's, fishtail parka, adidas coat, grey leather jacket with suede sleeves, ski coat and one of those that looked like you were wearing boiler insulation
                      Last edited by branny; 11-10-2009, 16:49.

Comment

Oh dear God. I had a pair of white Pierre Cardin men's boots. I had seen a picture of Ralf Hutter from Kraftwerk with a pair, and I just HAD to get some.

I was the laughing stock of the entire planet.
                        "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

I dearly regret getting rid of my beautiful white "pirate" frilly blouse from Chelsea Girl - I kept it for YEARS after the fashion had moved on, out of sentimentality, got rid in a tidying fit when moving and have regretted it ever since. I wore it with aubergine-coloured baggy sateen trousers, a silk scarf for a sash around my waist, my black pixie boots that I wore til they fell apart, and more often than not a headband of some description. All with too much make-up of course, and back-combed hair. Thought I was the bees knees.

The other cherished item of clothing was a pair of skintight black jeans, even more so when the knees went and my dad - a tailor - sewed black leather patches on to the knees, they were rectangular and ran across the knees from seam to seam - again, I was the dogs' in those, usually worn with a huge bloke's sweater and a black corduroy fisherman's peaked hat (like the one Nick Heyward from Haircut 100 wore), or else with a white linen vest when out dancing.

Final relic from my 80's days - which I still have! - is an old black shift dress that had been my mum's. It has hanging black beads on it, and looked fab with fishnet tights and court shoes. When my hair wasn't backcombed it was a wedge like Joanne Catherall from the Human League. I was the spit of Shaz from Ashes To Ashes for a while.

Comment

i still have a pair of levi 501's from when they were the craze.

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
                              i still have a pair of levi 501's from when they were the craze.
                              still got several pairs from the 80s and can still get in em (just).

Comment

Thanks for reminding me of my lovely 101 Dalmations reversible sweatshirt - I loved that top, was lovely and warm.
                                I had a lovely pair of navy blue Knickerbockers for dressy occasions - early 80's.
                                An orange ra-ra skirt - each tier was a different shade - early 80's
                                Loved my purple jumpsuit, had a royal blue one too, but it wasn't as comfy - mid 80's.
                                Dusky pink checked party dress, which had a netted underskirt to give it more a full look - it was from C&A, mid 80's.
                                Ski jackets from C&A - had a pearlesent purple, royal blue one and a pink one - late 80's.
                                Black Shellsuit with yellow and green stripes - very late 80's.
                                Various jogging suits.
                                White sweatshirt with 'Neighbours' logo on it.
                                Bermuda shorts in black with fluoresent shapes all over them - v. late 80's/early 90's.
                                A blue glittery snood - mid to late 80's from Mckay's (now m&co).

Comment

Working...
                                X