90's clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 90's clothes

Don't remember Kappa being big in my 90's circles. One of my teachers had Kappa track suit bottoms in the mid 80's and that was the only time I really encountered the brand but I became aware of the term 'Kappa Slappa' and loved it as Vicki Pollard's clothing of choice.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Kappa was mad popular just before the turn of the millennium. It always seemed to be the most garish or uncoordinated colours that seemed to be the most worn. A school friend of mine at the time had one that was dark green with coffee coloured stripes, it was horrific.

I never liked Kappa, although I think it was mainly down to the clientele that bought into that brand rather than the clothes themselves. I disliked it because of association.

Speaking of which, I never liked those Adidas tracksuit bottoms with the poppers up the sides of the legs. They quickly become the uniform of the slob around my neck of the woods.

Comment

im pretty sure they where on some or one international footbal team.

but now u mention it sly kappa where very popular just before the millenium.

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Kappa was mad popular just before the turn of the millennium. It always seemed to be the most garish or uncoordinated colours that seemed to be the most worn. A school friend of mine at the time had one that was dark green with coffee coloured stripes, it was horrific.

I never liked Kappa, although I think it was mainly down to the clientele that bought into that brand rather than the clothes themselves. I disliked it because of association.

Speaking of which, I never liked those Adidas tracksuit bottoms with the poppers up the sides of the legs. They quickly become the uniform of the slob around my neck of the woods.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          im pretty sure they where on some or one international footbal team.

but now u mention it sly kappa where very popular just before the millenium.
          I remember Manchester City had their strip made by Kappa in the mid 1990s, ironically when they were down to the 3rd level!

For a few years I had a Kappa t-shirt, & had luckily put it in a charity bag by the time Little Britain started.

In the early 1990s Fila sportswear was popular with some loud designs.

The Mafia boss in Miami Twice wears a particularly garish pink & green one.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Kappa was mad popular just before the turn of the millennium.
            I agree with you on that point, I remember Kappa clothes suddenly became popular / became available late 1990s (circa 1997/1998). They were definitely around by 1998.
            I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              I remember Manchester City had their strip made by Kappa in the mid 1990s, ironically when they were down to the 3rd level!

I recall buying this Shirt in Brixham in 1999 Richard. The colour scheme was very gorish (like an ilulminated green and deep deep Blue) from what I recall. Sadly I probably sold it but if I knew then then how famous Man ity would be in 12 years, I'dhave kept - as for some reason though the colour scheme was horrid I liked the Shirt really!

Comment

Naf Naf came first with those awful two-tone fleece type hockey style jackets, the Naf Co. came quite a few years later if I remember rightly. The jackets were around in the mid 80's til bout 1990 from Naf Naf, mostly fakes from Withernsea Market. Anyone recall the two piece suits that were multi coloured and were made from a cotton/fleece material, very bold patterns and designs, split patterns half plain and half wild was common ha ha ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Binksy1976 View Post
                  Naf Naf came first with those awful two-tone fleece type hockey style jackets, the Naf Co. came quite a few years later if I remember rightly. The jackets were around in the mid 80's til bout 1990 from Naf Naf, mostly fakes from Withernsea Market. Anyone recall the two piece suits that were multi coloured and were made from a cotton/fleece material, very bold patterns and designs, split patterns half plain and half wild was common ha ha ;-)
                  I certainly remember the Naf Naf brand, but can't really remember the actual clothes.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The Naf Naf coats were ridiculous, orange body with blue sleeves was the one I had, many other colours though. Naf Co. was 90's not 80's tho. I can remember just about everyone at school turning up in a Naff Naff (fake) coat within about a week of each other. Shockingly bad fashion ha

Comment

Kappa was more 80's and early 90's as part of the football casual thing. Kappa was always seen as a cheaper alternative to Lacoste, HEAD, Tacchini, Cerutti, slightly behind Ellesse but better than Nike and Adidas (except Adidas trainers).

Comment

i just cant remember naf naf i cant remember any of these u mention and really i should

Originally posted by Binksy1976 View Post
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Naff Co 54 as far as I remember was a cheap knock off market version of the original Naf Naf. We wore Naf Naf around 1990 and the early rave days. I remember paying £85 for a purple puff jacket back then. That was a lot of money in them days.

Comment

Between 88-90 , I was heavily involved in rave scene /Second summer of love as well as DJing on a London pirate radio station . Fashion was very important to me . I used to buy the most way out clothes that I could find just to have something no one else had. Caftans , pale blue semi flared jeans , red Kickers. Occasionally wore powder blue, tan of lilac Wallabies. Also psychedelic trippy tops. Fluorescent colours were more Acid House colours. Mash in Oxford Street was another popular place for clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by vonnie1uk View Post
                              I remember everyone at school wearing lots of coloured bracelets that had two knots in them which you used to tighten. They were bright colours, like neon colours and if you had them from your wrist to your elbow then you were really cool! We were made to take them off for PE and removing them all usually took up the whole lesson, ahhhh that's why we wore them?! I also remember getting pens and writing your own things on a white T-shirt for PE. I begged my mum for ages to buy me a pair of red suede Fila boots. Mid-nineties i had an orange pair of Travel Fox trainers. McKenzie sweatshirts were all the rage, as were "Bronx" jackets. Rolling your jeans up and wearing neon socks and trainers with neon laces was popular too. Hair scrunchies and perms were another unfortunate occurence back then too.
                              I recall the McKenzie Jumpers well now - I had totally forgot about them. I don't think it was a McKenzie (or if I didn't have one) I floated with the idea of having one from a Shop called streetwise sports I think it's name was in the later part of the 1990s

Of course the famous or in-famous Shell Suit was very very 'in" where I lived for many years in the 1990s until AirMax Tracksuits (style of the material-wise took over) but I guss the Shell-suits abiding memory ( nod to it was Rodney in Only fools and Horses in Miami Twice) As well I recall we thought it was well cool to wear the Shell-suit Top as Coat (though it was .... until it rained and at other times when it was cold)

I have just recalled (Nike I think) those Trainers with a little Window in the side - the ones that cost going on a hundred pounds in the middle of the 1990s. Can any other members recall these!?

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                                OK, here's a look.
                                Early 1990 I was rocking.
                                2 Wallaby tops at the same time, with the hoods on either side,
                                Dungarees,
                                Purple Kicker boot on the left, green one on the right,
                                White Sox cap, sometimes backwards,
                                & about 8-10 Africa and other assorted leather medallions.
                                I can reacl all these in slightly differing brand forms over the years (by differing companies or/and adopting these styles in differing way's DemonEyeX. Especialy the Red and Blue Football Boot worn seperatly ion each Foot, which was in for a while from the late 90s. Also too what about Lime Green Trainers too - I think a lot tried this look with a similar Colour Coat!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X