Diets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diets

My mam was always on some diet or other.I remember one was called the F-plan diet and she seemed to eat baked fish with onions every night. I was told I wasn't allowed to have any because it was her special diet fish, though she'd sometimes let me have a little bit. Now it is one of my favourite meals! Healthy forbidden fruit with a smell that takes me straight back to those days.

I've never had to diet but when Slimfast came out mam got some and I started drinking them because they were nice. Then one day I threw up after one and could never touch one again. Very sickly and easy to go off them. Like drinking cotton wool.
    1976 Vintage

Re: Diets

My mum was also on diets throughout my childhood, though I don't recall if they were specifically marketed diet plans or just a decision to eat fewer calories. In the 70s, my dad was also on a diet for a short time. When he came home from work, mum would prepare him a plate of spinach with a poached egg on top!

Comment

I don't know how many diets my mom had been on over the years. I do remember that she was on the infamous Beverly Hills Diet for the longest time. It was a huge fad when it came out in 1981.

Comment

I remember my Mum doing the Cambridge diet in the late 1980s.

It seemed to consist of lots of packet soup & milkshakes (which always ended up lumpy), along with some crunch bars.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          My mam was always on some diet or other.I remember one was called the F-plan diet and she seemed to eat baked fish with onions every night. I was told I wasn't allowed to have any because it was her special diet fish, though she'd sometimes let me have a little bit. Now it is one of my favourite meals! Healthy forbidden fruit with a smell that takes me straight back to those days.

I've never had to diet but when Slimfast came out mam got some and I started drinking them because they were nice. Then one day I threw up after one and could never touch one again. Very sickly and easy to go off them. Like drinking cotton wool.
          most if not all diets are bad for you.
          i myself have never dieted i just eat sensible and that keeps me right.

my mum is always dieting but falls off the wagon when she sees cheesecake or choccie ice cream.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X