Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed to remember a drink!

Hiya everyone!
    Just found this ace site and joined the forums hoping for some help lol....
    I don't remember the name of it but It was a fizzy drink that I used to get from my local chippy in the 90s. It was a fruity almost flowery drink that was in a white and purple can that said 'with extracts of Ginseng' I've been wracking my brains for years.... Any help would be mucho appreciated

Re: help needed to remember a drink!

There was an energy drink that came in a white can with purpleish writing that was called, ahem, "*****". I think that had ginseng in it. I don't know if it was available in the 90's but it was in our local shops a few years ago. IIRC it was sickly sweet and horrible - like a can of Corona with ten spoons of sugar added.

Cheers,
    Finnthedude.

Comment

Haha... Might be the same stuff. God I wish I could remember what its called. Its proper giving me sleepless nights lol

Comment

My original post seems to have been censored by the forum software. The drink I'm talking about was called what we sometimes call a cat and rhymes with hussy.

Cheers,
        Finnthedude.

Comment

Oooooh I see haha.. Well Its not that Ive had that and it's not that. The search continues! Thanks anyways

Comment

a drink called poo-sy ??
            LOL
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Just a stab in the dark but it wasn't a Rubicon drink by any chance? I'm only going on the fact that they tend to have a fruity flowery taste and only seem to turn up in places like chippies and corner shops. I'm not sure if they were around then though.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Yh Rubicons are a bit of modern delicacy, as amazing as they are haha

Comment

Nope. Not rubicon. Jus looked them up. Not those lol. Thanks for all the help tho it's much appreciated. The search continues.....

Comment

I think our Chippy use to sell an elderflower fizzy drink with Ginseng but I cant recall the make
                    Heather

Comment

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhh lol... so very close....

Rubicons are pretty epic though! hmm a few of the big supermarkets do their own branded fizzy elderflower stuff

Comment

It was at my local chippy so I woulda thought it would have been a brand of some sort... The search continues!

Comment

hmmm I wish you well on your quest, let us know when you find out what it was!

Comment

Ta
                            No one seems to know lol.... I fear I shall be searching for this forever!

Comment

Yesterday I had a fizzy elderflower drink, but this is in Germany so im not sure if this is going to be the same thing, in fact it definitely isn't but still nevertheless its called fritz?

Comment

Working...
                              X