Ketchips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketchips

Does anybody remember these? Made by Birdseye. They were like mashed potato tubes that had a tomato ketchup centre. They would go brown and crispy under the grill. They were delicious but they didn't seem to be around for long. Wish they would bring them back!

Re: Ketchips

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
      Does anybody remember these? Made by Birdseye. They were like mashed potato tubes that had a tomato ketchup centre. They would go brown and crispy under the grill. They were delicious but they didn't seem to be around for long. Wish they would bring them back!
      oh yes they where just lovely.

but as you say they did stay around to long.

trying doing a search on them but cant find mch out about them.
      like when they first came out.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Seeing as you can't even buy a cup of coffee without being warned that it contains hot liquids, I bet they marketing these nowadays would be a health and safety nightmare what with having a middle of piping hot scolding ketchup!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
          Seeing as you can't even buy a cup of coffee without being warned that it contains hot liquids, I bet they marketing these nowadays would be a health and safety nightmare what with having a middle of piping hot scolding ketchup!
          tell me about it mate.

i think these where around in 89 as i seen an add from 89 advertising them.

but thats as close as i can get to knowing when they first came out.

but yes the T. S. was very hot in the middle and a lovely smell it was.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

To be honest, they were a bit of a letdown for me,
            They were a bit too chunky to be a chip, and the ketchup was a bit weird.
            I totally appreciate that you guys seemed to like 'em, but they weren't for me.

Comment

I thought they were vile! The 'ketchup' in the middle tasted very synthetic imo.
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Is that Kellie Bright at the start of the ad? I had a massive crush on her when she was in T Bag (can't remember the exact name of the show but there was a boy Kellie's age in it called T Shirt).

Comment

Working...
                X