Fave Sweeties,and sweets that should be brought back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fave Sweeties,and sweets that should be brought back

Wispa may be the same taste and texture but its no where near the same size! Wispa's used to be nearly twice as thick as they are now when first launched in the North East in 1981! I remember them well!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      Why the Wispa was only Cadbury's half-baked attempt to compete with the mighty Aero. They had to give it titchy bubbles so it was different enough and I was never swayed. In the world of chocolate and bubbles, Aeros rule! Mind you, nothing can hold a candle to a Flake.
      I used to enjoy the occasional Cadbury's Snowflake, which came out at the end of the '90s. White chocolate Flake wrapped in milk chocolate, a bit like a Galaxy Ripple, but with white chocolate inside. I don't know why they disappeared.
      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        i never even seen the bubbles in wispa. .
        You need a magnifying glass. The whole bar is bubbles, but they are so tiny they go unnoticed.

As for snowflakes, I can't think of them without picturing Anthea Turner scoffing them at her wedding and having the photos all over OK magazine. My God .

Anybody remember Cadbury's Dream bars? They were white chocolate. Not sure if you can still get them. They weren't as nice as Milky Bar chocolate.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

yes i see cadburys dream bars in my local shop.

must admit i do like them too much.
          and yes they still have there proper name.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i never even seen the bubbles in wispa.

but why when they brought wispa back did they not bring other sweets back.

and at least its exactly the same as it was both in name and what its like.
            maybe w should start a petition to see what we what brought back and then contact them.
            bring back 5 centres and the proper star bar and boost.
            anf get snickers made marathon again.

why was its name changed anyone know.
            They definitely need to bring back the original coconut Boosts in the red wrapper - what was different about old Star Bars to the current ones? I can't remember

Comment

i think the original star bars where flat with coloured stars on them.
              maybe im thinking of something else but i think im right.

Comment

i think the original star bars where flat with coloured stars on them.
                maybe im thinking of something else but i think im right.
                You must be thinking of something else!

Comment

Talking about wrappers with stars has got me thinking about milky ways. One thing I remember was that the usual wrapper was blue with white stars, but a couple of times I had a bar that was white with blue stars. Does anyone know if these were a different type of milky way or whether it was just a variation in the wrapper?
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember the multi-bagged fun-size Milky Ways in the 1980s had white & blue wrappers, & wondered why they were different to the normal bars.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It must have been them that I had.
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                        Talking about wrappers with stars has got me thinking about milky ways. One thing I remember was that the usual wrapper was blue with white stars, but a couple of times I had a bar that was white with blue stars. Does anyone know if these were a different type of milky way or whether it was just a variation in the wrapper?
                        I remember Milky Way wrappers being white. I'm sure they were white before they were blue.

Comment

Loved Cadbury's Strollers - chocolate balls with caramel centres, poss early 90's.
                          Sherbet Shandies - hard sherbet on a stick, but crumbled in your mouth when you bit into it, came in strawbery and lemon flavours.
                          Rainbow sherbet - tasted divine when all mixed together.
                          Cadbury's Caramel - in it's original 80's format of wide chunks, it doesn't even taste the same :0(
                          Double decker - although I have no complaints of the bar itself, as it seems larger now than what I remember from the 80's, they should bring back the original 'decker bus' packaging.

Comment

here is a link to a shop that sells a lot of these old sweets.
                            http://www.thetraditionalsweetshop.com/

has anyone here bought from them.
                            they sell a lot of old sweets that cannot be bought in shops today.

Comment

Originally posted by sandie76 View Post
                              Loved Cadbury's Strollers - chocolate balls with caramel centres, poss early 90's.
                              I used to like Strollers. I recall that the song 'Wonderful Life' by Black was used in the TV ads for them.
                              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

There seemed to be a lot of new sweets launched in the late 1980s - early 1990s, many of which didn't last for more than a few years.

Time Out is one that did catch on, for years I had a cup with the original logo on (which came with an easter egg), until a friend of the family managed to break it.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X