• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fave Sweeties,and sweets that should be brought back

Both still sold

Comment

Originally posted by jorge View Post
      Does anyone remember the wham bars,it was pink with little bits like space dust stuck in it and when u bit into it,it made ur mouth all funny,i think they was in a blue wrapper.
      Can u still get sherbet dip dabs(if that's what they were called)a piece of liquorice in sherbet in a long orange tube
      All still sold too.Wham bars are sold in different flavours as well as the original .
      My kids love the sherbet fountains and Dib Dabs.
      Last edited by Heather74; 20-05-2008, 14:53.
      Heather

Comment

does anyone remember Treats, there were peanut, tofee, and I think there were a few others but I cant remember, and who remembers cand tots, teddy tots, tiger tots, bunnt tots, bring them back. maxine

Comment

I loved golden cup, and 5 centers was yummy, do you remember tootie minties. maxine

Comment

Maxine you should take a look at the thread Defuct Sweets, its full of old sweets from the past, some excellent pictures in there too
            https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/f...ct-sweets.html
            Heather

Comment

tesco sell the miint one but i agree the fruit one have diapeared off the face of the earth - have you tried this site - www.aquarterof.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                How about Old Jamacian, chocolate?
                i have been told that woolworths in the uk do this in a cadbury special at christmas only - best bar cadburys ever made

Comment

funny i should find this site tonight as we were talking about this in work today

SPANGLES - ESP OLDE ENGLISH

CADBURY OLD JAMAICAN

NUTTY BARS

AND I'M STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT THE NAME OF A GUM I ALWAYS HAD IN THE 80'S THAT TASTED OF GERMOLINE - LOVE THE STUFF

I NOW HAVE FOUND A SOURCE FOR - BIG RED CINNAMON GUM AVAILABLE IN THE USA

RIESEN BAR - STILL AVAILBALE IN CANADA

Comment

Riesen still available everywhere.

Comment

I would die happy if they brought back those boxes of Kunzel Cakes and also my fave ice lolly THe Wiz !
                      Last edited by Heather74; 17-10-2008, 19:20.

Comment

Was talking about Spangles with my granddaughters wish they'd bring em back especially the Old English flavour i remember mint ... fruit and ohhh those acid drops ones...really made your mouth water.Question.....can anyone remember a bar called coffee crisp (not toffee) these were made by rowntrees i think had a slab of coffee type chocolate in the middle NOT enough coffe sweets around now which is a shame for us coffee lovers

Comment

Originally posted by just lindy View Post
                          Was talking about Spangles with my granddaughters wish they'd bring em back especially the Old English flavour i remember mint ... fruit and ohhh those acid drops ones...really made your mouth water.Question.....can anyone remember a bar called coffee crisp (not toffee) these were made by rowntrees i think had a slab of coffee type chocolate in the middle NOT enough coffe sweets around now which is a shame for us coffee lovers
                          I remember coffee break. Two fingered bar similar to a kit kat but with textured chocolate like twix. They were choc coated wafers with a coffee filling.
                          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Cabana bar - they should bring that back, it was gorgeous.
                            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                              I recall Fruit Gums being in boxes too, but don't think the tubes of fruit gums have changed too much over the years.
                              I'm pretty sure the ones in boxes were shaped like a half of the actual fruit rather than the ones you got in a tube.

Comment

Originally posted by zip55 View Post
                                I'm pretty sure the ones in boxes were shaped like a half of the actual fruit rather than the ones you got in a tube.
                                Yeah I remember that the ones in the boxes were fruit shaped not round same for boxed fruit pastilles. I always thought that the boxed ones tasted better. Obviously that was all in my head!
                                Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
                                X